Drop Dead Gorgeous!

by Outaservice 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Back when I was attending Kingdom Halls, our Circuit had a lot of 'drop dead gorgeous' women, many whom were married to the geekiest looking guys. I always asked myself, "How did these 'dorks' do it"!

Was this because selection was limited, or was this just a peculiarity in our area? Are there still more Sisters available than Brothers even today?

Outaservice, (who is afraid to look in the mirror, as his wife is one of those gorgeous ones.)

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think there are several reasons. Some women look beyond the physical and look for deeper qualities. However, I think in the US where there are more women in the JW religion then men, a lot of women settle for what they want. But again you have examples of the GB marrying women who are quite a bit younger then them and rather attractive, what does that tell you .... most likely it is a power thing.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Outaservice, I think that there were a majority of women and a minority of men. Since the bible admonishes: "It's better to wed than to burn.", these women had to take what they could get! Remember, you couldn't become "unevenly yoked" either. This really put a limit on the women's resources.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Woman in the religion that are attractive always tend to hook up with the men who are spiritual (elders, MS, Pioneers). They are told from a young age, "To be happy in life and marriage, you need a man who know the importance of putting Jehovah first." So unlike the many examples in real life, of these woman not giving these same looking men the time of day, these men having a better then average chance with these same woman in a cult.

"Rock n Roll Bands, Corvettes, Wealth and .............................. Cults"

Getting dorks laid since the 1960's!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My experience when I was a JW... yeah, there were a LOT of beautiful gals. I was young, single... and willing to date them.
    They were young, single, and not willing to date me. (I was the 'nerdish-looking' fella.)
    Anyway... many of them went and did the deed with some non-JW fella, and then married him - and a lot of those fellas are now 'jw' fellas... marginally (that is - they aren't elder material).
    Whatever. In a way... I am glad it all worked out the way it did. Many of those gorgeous gals had elders for fathers... I don't think I would have been here if I had gotten one of those gals.
    Regards,
    Jim TX

• Arthur
    Arthur
    'drop dead gorgeous' women, many whom were married to the geekiest looking guys. I always asked myself, "How did these 'dorks' do it"!

This was especially noticeable at Bethel. I remember seeing some absolute Godesses. And then, around the corner, would come their husband. The only words I can use to describe their husbands is: chess, Star Trek, bow ties, and digital wrist watches. It was like seeing Cameron Diaz with Drew Carey. A truly saddening sight to see.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Free2bme, hit it right on the head!

I noticed that they alway's ended up with the spritual brothers too.

• sspo
    sspo

Back in 70's, a sister dream was to marry a bethelite, the fact that they were in brooklyn elevated them to godlike ones.

Many sisters would travel to Bethel often, become temporary workers at the farm at Walkills, mostly so that they could find a spiritual husband.

Many were successful in finding a husband, gourgeus girls with some true idiots and of course once the honeymoon was over, for many of them was hell and eventually divorce.

definetely have to say there were beautiful girls in the organ.

Once my divorce goes thru i will be looking for one, of course she will have to be a gorgeous "apostate"

• earthtone
    earthtone

You say your looking sspo ( batting eyes).

lol

Correctted to say...I'm jokin everyone! lol

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    "To be happy in life and marriage, you need a man who know the importance of putting Jehovah first." So unlike the many examples in real life, of these woman not giving these same looking men the time of day, these men having a better then average chance with these same woman in a cult.

Fortunately I got a romp and 4 year marriage with the big stud muffin in three states. He was so...dreamy...too bad he had a temper that matched my own and did not control it. I always said there is something to being married to a pervert your first time out of the gate. lol we may not have had much...but he had the features and charm and knew how to use them. So aside from my son...Who is looking like an albino version of him and I thank my own stupidity in marrying so young because I have him......I did get some great "training" and a very beautiful man for a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit