What are you gonna be for Halloweeeeeeen!

by mkr32208 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

IF things go okay here (we get our bathroom remodeling job & have money left) and hurricanes leave New Orleans alone......we will be in the Big Easy for Halloween. We have Hippie costumes from a costume party earlier this year. Anyone here from New Orleans?? Maybe we could do Bourbon Street!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

This is one of my favorite holiday's!

This year I am going as a Bride from the late 80's while my best friend is going as my Maid of honor. We've had this planned out since last Halloween. Its a huge event in Madison, WI. There about 45-50,000 people all over the famous "State Street!" I have my tacky wedding dress that I spent over $150.00. Its god awful, yet so perfect. I'll have a few pictures of us after the event.

Last year, I went as Trash from the 80's. We went into complete character - I'm on the left....

My kids: My daughter is going back in forth between princesses, last year she was Cinderella and my son Jack was Superman. They were so cute.

Brooke

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I'm still waiting for Brookie to come up with a costume for me. HEAR THAT BROOKIE???

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

No fairies or princesses or Disney characters for my child:

alt

I'm so glad she has a sick sense of humor!

Last year I got invited to a Halloween party, and I had no one to go with. Four of us (three women and a man) were going to go as Mormons...we women were going to wear bonnets and gingham, and have name tags, like, "Wife #2", and Rich was gonna wear an old-timey farmer outfit. But, a hurricane came through that weekend, so the party was cancelled. Thought it was a fun idea, though.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

GWYNETH

Ohhh my word, how funny is THAT! Where on earth did she get that idea from?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    I'm still waiting for Brookie to come up with a costume for me. HEAR THAT BROOKIE???

You have a broom, don't you?

I love it! My kids have somewhat of a sick sense of humor, then again they are only 4 and 2 1/2!

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

It's so funny you posted this topic. We were just talking the other night about this holiday. Our original take was: We don't like the meaning imposed behind it......ghosts, goblins, vampires, gory corpses....etc. However, the MAIN number ONE reason we weren't going to do it is because we DRILL in our kids heads every day about how wrong it is to take candy or ANYTHING from strangers. Why would we contradict ourselves and tell them that 'ok, one day a year it's ok to do so.' So, we're very torn about it. Hubby & I are talking about having a costume party around the middle of October (telling everyone no scary costumes & no weapons of any sort) and just making it a fun night for the kids & adults and have them play games and take home a goody bag of candy & prizes. Is that like what the JW's do on Thanksgiving? You know, having dinner on Friday instead of Thursday so that it makes it "OK"....? We're up in the air and would like some "SERIOUS" thought on it...........

LJ & JDawg

• BrendaCloutier
  • BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    GWYNETH
    Ohhh my word, how funny is THAT! Where on earth did she get that idea from?

Tanya Harding?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My honest thought is that it's just harmless fun! If you go to snopes.com you can see that the razor in the candy is just an urban legend! It's never happened!

Our kids are undecided as to who or what to be! The oldest wants supergirl or wonderwoman youngest... who knows! We will probrably do the disney not so scary halloween party one day thats NOT halloween then on halloween day we are going back to orlando to trick or treat with family!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit