What are you gonna be for Halloweeeeeeen!

by mkr32208 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Halloween is one of my favorites too, and I really loved the idea even when I was a Dub kid and unable to participate.

I wanted to let everyone know of an idea I got for some pretty "spooky" ghosts - the idea isn't uniquely mine - it was inspired by a display I saw at a car dealership last weekend.

You need sewing skill, a couple of large diameter square floor fans and several yards of very lightweight white cloth - I think maybe nylon ripstop sailcloth would work, but you sewing experts out there can probably come up with a better material.

What you are going to do is sew a couple of tubes about 8-12 feet long. The "bottom" of the tube will be flared out a bit and the top will be cut in a very exaggerated "ghostly" zigzag pattern - the top of the ghost's head. a pair of smaller tubes will be attached to the body of the ghost. Each will be at least 3-6 feet long, with similar exaggerated zigzag ends where the "hands would be.

The bottom of the ghost is fastened to the box fan which is lying on its side and blowing straight up into the "ghost". The fan will need to be a bit off of the ground so it can draw air. A cardboard box and some duct tape could be used for this.

When the fans are turned on, the air is blown up into the body of the ghost and out thru his arms and the top of his head. The ones I saw at the car dealership where red and blue and moved in a random "unnatural" chaotic dance. probably it would be good to put a small floodlight inside the base of each ghost, also pointing up, to trans-illuminate the white translucent fabric. A color wheel would add additional interest.

Coupled with fireworks and a farewell appearance by KISS, these inexpensive ghosts will be the hit of your neighborhood!

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

uummm. wonderwoman.
    and my daughter is wondergirl. my son is always something creepy in black with a lot of spooky makeup. bf is Elvis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit