by BrendaCloutier 48 Replies latest social humour

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I just learned that

in a recent survey,

women were asked what the sexiest professions were

and a whopping 34%

of women said....

"Police officers or Firemen!" What is up with that?

You can take a normal,

average- looking man,

dress him up in yellow rubber pants, big boots

and a soot covered t-shirt

and all the sudden

he's HOT?

And have you ever gotten

weak in the knees while a cop

is giving you a ticket? I didn't think so! I prefer Chefs!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Ah its the typical macho job. Im surprised they said police officers though. Everyone likes firemen. However, I can't see how a "job" itself can be sexy. It's questions like these which are destroying our country and undermining the fabric of our cultural values...

• Warlock
    Warlock

It's a lot safer for a man just to buy a Rolls or a Ferrari.

Warlock

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The results make sense to me, at least for firefighters. He's in uniform. He has to be strong and dependable. His job is to rescue people from scary situations. Plus, there's that longstanding stereotype that firemen are attractive. I'm not sure where that comes from, but it is powerful.

• juni
    juni

Sir Nose, hi!

Have you not seen the 2007 Fireman's Calendar? LOL

Police are often times way overweight. Some don't have a prayer to foot race the suspect.

Juni

It's a lot safer for a man just to buy a Rolls or a Ferrari

Oh Warlock.....leave it to you. How about an Oscar Mayer wiener mobile?? Juni

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    there's that longstanding stereotype that firemen are attractive. I'm not sure where that comes from, but it is powerful.

I think it comes from Hollywood. Seriously, what movie about firemen haven't you seen where they were depicted as handsome, courageous, moral, and above all, manly? The fireman has been an American icon for a long time. I think it comes from the nature of their job - rescuing people and saving houses - which is a great thing - but no reason to assume they are all sexy and handsome. Especially after 911 though, America is even more infatuated with the fireman, almost as much as the "regular guy" Joe who can play baseball or football better than professional athletes.

Where is the sexy scientist? The sexy actuary? The sexy highschool teacher?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Someone should create a sexy computer geek calendar.

W

alt

• okie46
    okie46

Motorcycle cops on their Harley's in knee high leather boots make me hot. Thought that ever since Officer Buns of Hard Bodies sat on my lap with chaps and boots on and bare bum.

• Brigid
    Brigid

It's probably just the primal attraction of the female to a rescuer type. years of evolution have not yet overridden these arcane archetypes in ways. Give me a dark (ish), brooding, non-comformist, deep thinking sage (Mage) anyday. Never was into the whole uniform thing.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I certainly can understand the firemen being considered - when was the last time you saw an out-of-shape fireman chowing down donuts and swilling coffee?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit