Da Vinci Code, what did you think?

by gaiagirl 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Heathen---The guy that got shot, he did not write all that in his blood, it was a special marker...tsk tsk you need to pay attention!

Well, I'm a Da Vinci Code fanatic really, I love the book, and I adore the movie. The music was wonderful. I would like to go on and on about religious and phylosophical stuff....but it's late, and all I can think of right now is: Damn! Paul Bettany sure has a niiiice butt.lol And he's one of the reasons why I saw the movie many times. What an excellent actor.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Loved the book, less then thrilled with the movie. (But I usually like the book better)

Dams

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Well I've always found conspiracy theories entertaining (some even intriguing). The book was alright, but knowing many of the historical errors it contained, kept me from thoroughly immersing myself in the storyline. Still haven't seen the movie though, and am curious to see whether the character of Silas in the movie will be less sympathetic to me than he was in the book.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The book is a lot of fun, rather like a literary roller coaster complete with cotton candy. It's not well written, but the story is interesting in a fun, close-your-eyes-and-don't-think sort of way.

The movie could have been better. The ending, starting with Tom Hanks in the basement (and who were all those people who suddenly appeared in the church?). I was disappointed as I thought Ron Howard could have done a better job.

As for the idea itself, well I'd be more interested if there were concrete facts rather than supposition built upon supposition.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I actually liked National Treasure more, even though it was admittedly a quick script put together to work off the DC pattern format. I just liked the way it was handled, with a little more action.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Midget----In my opinion, Silas was one of the best things in the movie. Even more sympathetic then how he was portrayed in the book but your still scared of him most of the time. Be prepared to jump a few times.

You know a bit less about his past when you watch the movie only. But they succeeded in making him a truly tormented character who truly beleives what he does is right, not just a psycho killer. In the novel, I couldn't help but feel that in a way, he really likes hurting himself, almost looking forward to it. But with movie Silas you can see more of a human reaction, maybe it's because we get to see his eyes, his expressions, which we can only imagine when we read it. I found him very beleivable.

• Gill
    Gill

Haven't seen the film yet.

I read the book only a few months ago. Before that I had been reading up on the whole 'Jesus' thing.

I think now, that there was a fraud perpetrated on us all.

Jesus was man, married to a woman. He was not the son of God, but he had some interesting things to say.

The Catholic Church is set up on the Roman Empires need to control the world and that in the past, Jesus being a mortal, married man was well known and understood.

So, a lot of the Da vinci code is based on fact and of course some of it is fiction.

Now let's be honest here. There are none, and have never been any virgins impregnated by a God! It's all fiction. So let's just get real and our feet on the ground. Then we can start wading through all the BS that religion has wrought on the world.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Lily,

Thanx for letting me know how the movie portrayed him! I'm glad he wasn't just a one-dimensional "cleaner". What I enjoyed about the book more than anything, wasn't so much the topic of the "coverup", but how different people, like Silas and Teabring, received it and acted upon it. Looking forward to having Silas give me the chills and making me feel pathos for him.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The book was very good. The movie wasn't bad, but they simplified many of the puzzles. The movie definitely did not do the book justice.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

If anyone enjoyed reading the davinci code, you must read Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit