A Friend Just Asked Me Why His JW Family Is Stocking Up On Food......

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Asheron
    Asheron

Well they are full of XXXX.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

This is a Mormon practice! In fact, there are Mormon owed companies that made a killing on the Y2K panic

• heathen
    heathen

Toilet paper a waste of money and time , all you need is a sponge and some soapy water , actually works better than toilet paper .

LOL@mysterios -- Yah now they can have all the bases covered , take care of yourself so we don't have to and can use any money given us for disater relief anyway we feel like . Jesus this org. is the cheezzziest thing going ...

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    My JW father-in-law has about 500 rolls of toilet paper in his garage. I figured he was stockpiling it for the entire congregation.

Probably not a bad idea considering how full of shit they are.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    This is a Mormon practice! In fact, there are Mormon owed companies that made a killing on the Y2K panic

Yeah but at least they were selling the good stuff. They really know how to can food!

• Mary
    Mary
    All of his family are Witnesses. They told him they are "storing and stocking up" on powdered milk and non-perishable items

Hey Min....I just mentioned this on my new thread......I half thought my Dub aunt was joking when she said this........un-believable!!!

• grey matters
    grey matters
    I finally got to use one of my favorite movie lines when I said...."I guess you can't make fun of my lifestlye anymore."

Tremors! Right on Justice One. I love that movie.

• nsrn
    nsrn

I am on a committee at work (medium sized midwest hospital) for emergency preparedness. The potential for a flu pandemic has caused us to stockpile oxygen delivery supplies, IV fluids, etc and have plans for deciding ethical issues like "who gets the last ventilator?" The public education slogan is "Stock up and stay home." The federal government has funded huge plans for mass medicating and distribution, as part of the Homeland Security plans.

So actually, religious groups are encouraged to have their members prepare for a minimum 3 day crisis (storms, etc) and a 3 month quarantine (flu epidemic, war, etc).

See www.pandemicflu.gov

Of course, you won't find reference to armaggedon or tribulation.

My elderly parents have paid attention to my urgings to stockpile non-perishables 'just in case'. Of course, here on the fringe of tornado alley and having lived through the depression, they are fine with that. Actually comes in handy--Dad's got tons of toilet paper and canned soup!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    All of his family are Witnesses. They told him they are "storing and stocking up" on powdered milk and non-perishable items.......This is the second time I hear that Witnesses are doing this in preperation of "The End".

If they keep them over night, won't they get worms in them? I mean, this makes me think of the lack of faith the Israelites displayed when they would keep the manna over night.

• nowisee
    nowisee

back before 1975 there was a local elder who was stockpiling bags of beans and rice and other things he considered to be essentials. i often wonder what happened to all of that....whether he eventually made use of his stockpile or if it went to rats or mildew and mold or whatever......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit