UNDER AGE DRINKING IN JWS?

by badboy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

i UNDERSTAND FROM ANOTHER THREAD THAT THERE WERE INSTANCES OF THIS.

KNOW ANY?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Oh yes. I was a fairly good JW as a teen, but if someone gave me booze, I drank, as did all the young JWs I knew.

• blondie
    blondie

It is a huge problem, badboy. Too many cases to name. In some cases the parents even purchased the alcohol for their children and friends and justified it by saying they were doing it under their roof, under their supervision, and were not driving while drinking. Fathers were removed as elders and MS. Some teenage children were DF'd.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

I also knew of older Bethelites buying alcohol for younger Bethelites, serving alcohol to underage Bethelites in their rooms.

Conventions/assemblies at the hotels afterwards are other occasions to overimbibe and to share the wealth with underage children and JWs. I knew a maid who worked in one very popular hotel near an assembly hall and she said she carried out more boose bottles from JW rooms than non-JW including sporting event weekends.

Blondie

• badboy
    badboy

MUST GIVE A FINE WITNESS TO OTHERS.BLONDIE!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I used to be one of those!! One of the things I never got busted for!! My sptedad would let me take "sips" of his ddrinks. I more or less "guzzzled" them!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There was quite a lot of that in my cong. Kids as young as 14 would congregate in a local park to drink booze obtained by the older teen jws, and sometimes they would meet up in other kids houses for drinking sessions if the weather was bad.

There was a spate of reproofs and a couple of df'ings about 3 years ago, but as far as I know, there is still a problem.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I saw a lot of it, but truth be told I'm more of a lover than a drinker... So, well, you can figure that one out right?

• earthtone
    earthtone

I had a couple of drink's before a turn 21 with a few of the friends. They would be like coolers or a weak mixed drink. But they always mad me call my mom first, and ask if it was okay. Depending on who I was with, she would say yeah, okay. I never drunk around people who wouldn't take care of me or I thought I would get in trouble with. But I knew alot of young witness who drank like they were 21 and were under 18

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It's a flippin' epidemic out here!! I can personally account for 4 people younger than me, two of which went to "JW" parties where underage drinking was out of control.

There was also an article wherein a corner store clerk reported that booze sales shot up during JW conventions, and how bad a witness this was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit