The Bastard told on my dad

by Lilycurly 55 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Agapa37, if your daughter did not want to worship the way you do anymore and people asked her WHY, would her responding to them in an honest and factual way earn your shunning her? Because people do not leave in a vacuum or something-it isn't just forgotten by all who know them. Its kind of a big part of ones life. I had a JW lady ask me the other day why I left. I told her! Many of the reasons were not in any way And the reasons were factual and they were not complimentary to the organization, and in a couple of instances could be seen as hits on the way you all worship (my lack of respect for the alleged abstention from blood that the WT advocates, as an example). Should she just lie? If someone asks her if she thinks it is a cult and she responds in an honest way, affirming that she does indeed feel that way-you will shun her? And when the Elders counsel you-and they will, no matter WHAT she says, will you tell them that you will put your daughter above their organizational dictates? At that point you might be quite free to speak to her all you want as you and I both know that it doesn't work that way.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Lily, I'm glad your dad bucked the 'system' as much as he did. Perhaps that unexpected encounter in the mall will turn out to be a true blessing for your whole family as he sees their 'true colors'. Keep showing him where the real love comes from. Shelly

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Grace, you said, "A couple of years ago, my husband and I went out for dinner on New Years Eve. By this time I had already DAed. The next week he was pulled into the back room as well...apparently someone saw him. He had to admit to the "Elders" that he is a very weak man when it comes to his wife, and this got them off his back"

Why would eating dinner with you, when you are married, and he is allowed to have a normal marital relationship with you, anything for them to interrogate him about? Because it is New Years Eve? I thought JWs are allowed to eat out on any night of the year? How could they object to that? Why did your husband need to admit he is weak when it comes to you? (Although-good on you!!) You are his WIFE! They probably wish they had some of their own, so they thought they'd try to cut off his! (Jealousy, you think?)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Because people do not leave in a vacuum

Exactly!

If you leave something you were devoted to you need a really strong and convincing reason to leave, you dont JUST NOT believe it anymore.

And once you have found that strong and convincing reason you are immediately an apostate for having a reason for leaving.

How could you leave something so fundamental in your life for just no paticular reason?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Grace, you said, "A couple of years ago, my husband and I went out for dinner on New Years Eve. By this time I had already DAed. The next week he was pulled into the back room as well...apparently someone saw him. He had to admit to the "Elders" that he is a very weak man when it comes to his wife, and this got them off his back"

Why would eating dinner with you, when you are married, and he is allowed to have a normal marital relationship with you, anything for them to interrogate him about? Because it is New Years Eve? I thought JWs are allowed to eat out on any night of the year? How could they object to that? Why did your husband need to admit he is weak when it comes to you? (Although-good on you!!) You are his WIFE! They probably wish they had some of their own, so they thought they'd try to cut off his! (Jealousy, you think?)

I'm guessing here, but my take on this was because it was New Years Eve, it may have looked like a dress-up celebratory dinner.

• Scully
    Scully

Likely someone at the very same event, who managed to rat out Grace's hubby first, thinking Grace's hubby might rat them out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit