What were your absolute favorite Bands growing up?

by restrangled 42 Replies latest jw friends

• BookOfJude
    BookOfJude

Radiohead... Pink Floyd... I remember buying "The Bends" and my mother being concerned because the guy on the front "looked weird" (a crash test dummy). I think that was about when I learned to buy stuff without them knowing, and then hide it. :)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

genesis yes pink floyd queen marillion elo

still are

but then again i'm not growed up yet

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    genesis yes pink floyd queen marillion elo

Why Tij, what GREAT taste you have!

• Moomin
    Moomin

New Kids on the Block

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Why Tij, what GREAT taste you have!

and you too

oh reminds me....and u2

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

The Beatles

The Smiths

The Clash

Talking Heads

R.E.M.

Midnight Oil

• Confession
    Confession

In the first grade my favorite song was "Smoke on the Water" from Deep Purple.

High School: The Police, Van Halen, Journey, The Violent Femmes, Billy Joel

Later: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Peter Gabriel, Sting, Aerosmith, Jethro Tull, Prince, Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who, U2...

The Last 10 Years: Dave Matthews Band, Sting, Jack Johnson, Elvis Costello, The Chieftains, Coldplay, The Counting Crows, Elliott Smith, Frank Sinatra, Massive Attack, Medeski Martin & Wood, The Strokes, Outkast, U2...

I'm sure I'm missing some. But this is basically my music.

• done4good
    done4good
    When I was a teen and could choose my own music I loved ELO, early Queen, early Genesis, Jimi, Janis, Marillion, Jethro Tull and Led Zep

All great stuff. I would also add the Doors, Sex Pistols, Clash, Neil Young, CTA, Steely Dan, I guess I could go on....

j

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

DC5, Beatles, Paul Revere, ELO, ELP, Yes, Doors, Stones, Nirvana, Moody Blues, Metalica, NIN, Floyd, not Barbara Streisand, not Monkees (had the bumber sticker), not KC and the unshine Band, NOT DISCO, early BGs.

• CordyC
    CordyC

If you're talking about groups that can play their own instruments as opposed to just musical acts or singers, than my absolute favorite band both growing up and of all time is the Bangles.

Nuff said

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit