Letter Writing Campaign. . .who's in?!?

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 28 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Topics?

• Blood. With fractions allowed, does abstension really mean anything any more?
    • The UN. Do they still have a library card? And if so, how did they get around the NGO angle?
    • Shunning is a cruel practice that fails in it's declared intention, to keep the congregation "clean".
    • Pedophiles. Are they banned from door-to-door work? Are elders required to report to the authorities, regardless of local statute?
    • Millions waiting for the promise are now dead. Are they ready to admit to past failed prophecies?

How about soliciting well-composed letters from fellow campaign writers, to modify for our own use?

As I've said before, letter writing campaigns create a heavier administrative burden than you might imagine. Especially for an administration-heavy organization like the WTBTS. I do know that the UN-NGO representative sounded rather plaintive in his reply letter when he asked ME to try and stop the flood of letters to his office. I think he could not imagine the skepticism of the regular Witness to worldly sources, how they have to check out such "unbelievable" facts as the WTBTS NGO status for themselves. So invite your skeptical Witness friends and family to write in too. To see for themselves that the WTBTS has no satisfactory answers.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

What if I made up a name and used my real address and filled out the form on their website? Do they actually come? Do elders come or some random dub?
    For the elders out there: Since my parents know my address now that I've moved to a new town, do they register you as an apostate in Brooklyn or something?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I think that it may be illegal to send a letter from a false address and name, and esp with someone else's name and return address. That could be very bad for us individually and as a group. Plus, let's not lead the elder class to the doors of more innocents. I have no prob using my name and address.

Finally, the object is to collect as many responses from WTS as possible, it will be valuable to have as many of these as possible and to that end let's stay upfront and legal--the opposite of the WTS!!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

BTTT

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Can we verify what Spirit wrote - that it's illegal to use a false return address on a letter?

S4

• rebel8
    rebel8

I researched this at the time but never found a postal regulation or law requiring a return address be listed on mail or requiring the return address on the mail to be your own. I concluded it was the local postal workers being control freaks....they also charge more than other post offices for the same exact piece of mail. I think it's just them being jerks.

My suggestion is to just put the correct amount of postage on it and pop it into the mailbox without going into the post office so you don't run into problems with people at the desk. Then you can leave off your return address or whatever you want.

If we are going to continue to strategize about this mass mailing, I suggest this thread be moved into the private folder, if it isn't there already.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I really think that faking addresses is a bad way to go. The problems/issues we all have with the Borg are legitimate. I think that making up fake names and addresses makes it all look like a prank. Playing pranks just means they will have more reasons to ratchet up the hate against people that leave.

Use a PO box as an address or something if you don't want to use your own, but don't belittle the real issues we all have by resorting to child like pranks and siccing elders on innocent people. That won't get anyone to take what you have to say seriously.

Just my 2 cents.

Caligirl

• JimWood
    JimWood

How many letters that have been sent in have received an answer? That is to say actual questions inquiring of the real issues, child abuse, UN, hypocrisy etc. So why would we expect any different response this time, whether or not we put a real name/address on it or not. I don’t think anyone here is going to expect any type of answer, even though our questions are legitimate. So the use of fake addresses will result in possibly two things: 1) They do respond and the letter gets sent back, undeliverable. Highly unlikely. 2) They send direction to the elders who then drive up and down the street looking for a house that’s not there. No harm no foul. Personally I am going to use my own name and address when resubmitting questions that never were answered. Next issue is timing, all at once or over a 2-3 week period. Lets discuss the possibility of each.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

A 2 week period would likely be easier to plan and do for most. . .How does September 1-15 sound? I know I could easily send 10 different letters and maybe a few copies in that time, and some might want to send several all at once, and even just one would be fabulous!!!

Thoughts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit