Emergency-local need on apostasy

by sspo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Tonight i happened to be at the service meeting and the P.O. gave a talk on apostasy. There was not even a slot for local needs but they got rid of one part to give the talk on how the congr. needs to be on guards against people on this board.

It was prophesied in the first century that a great apostasy would arise against the watchtower and the truth, it is like gangrene so if anyone says anything against the teachings of the watchtower and expecially the GB you better run and turn them in.

15 min. talk he never looked at me, if it was up to the P.O. he would have DF me already.

Since the wife turned me in for apostasy the elders are a bit nervous having me in the audience knowing i said a lot things against the organization.

I convinced them i am not an apostate but they kept the letter that my wife wrote on file for future use to nail me.

You guys are a dangerous group

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Tonight i happened to be at the service meeting and the P.O. gave a talk on apostasy. There was not even a slot for local needs but they got rid of one part to give the talk on how the congr. needs to be on guards against people on this board.

He actually mentioned this board? Sounds like we've got him running scared. I hope a few more ignore him, and come here to join in the fun.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Sspo,

I don't know your history, but why do you go to meetings? Is it for family reasons? I couldn't stomach going back. EVER!

Ian

• Mary
    Mary

You should've gone up to the PO afterwards and asked him why he was deliberately going against the F&DS by not following the schedule for the Service Meeting. You could've then suggested that maybe he was getting "puffed up with pride" by blatantly running ahead of the Organization. Tsk, tsk, tsk.......

• Amazing
    Amazing

The PO probably was involved in privately reproving some poor JW who nearly got nailed for apostasy. So, this special talk is the marking talk to "warn" the flock of the dangers of apostasy and ex-JW Internet boards. What these smucks fail to realize is that every time they raise the "Dangers of the Internet" flag, they urge more JWs to start looking. May they give a talk every week for the next five years on the dangers of the Internet ... and let it drive out 90% of the JWs into a real life.

Jim Whitney

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Mary:

You should've gone up to the PO afterwards and asked him why he was deliberately going against the F&DS by not following the schedule for the Service Meeting.

This used to happen a lot in my old cong. They'd pull an item in order to give a "special needs" talk. They did it to mark Claire and I!

Ian

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Ooooh, you had better look out for those nasty Apostates.

My wife is off to the arsembly this weekend. I tried to talk her out of it.

"You don't need to go to the arsembly, I have the Sunday talk on the laptop"

That went down like a lead balloon.

Jeez, we could have had a nice weekend together.

No sense of humor these JayDub wimmin.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Chris,

My wife is off to the arsembly this weekend.

What the hell are you on? Your posts are so hilarious these days!!

Ian

• Skoshi
    Skoshi

Dear sspo: I am shocked that your wife turned you in! What a lovely "Christian" group the JWs are. It's enough to make me want to scream at what a Totolitarian group this is, turning it's members into spies who turn each other in. The behavior is as bad as Communist behavior at the height of the Cold War, or the McCarthy era ugliness. I gasp at the aptitude of the human mind for self delusion and morel-ethical blindness. Almost incredible.

My sympathies that you are married to a woman who would do such a thing.

Namaste,
    Skoshi

• Arthur
    Arthur

Hey sspo,

You know what would be really funny? If you created a special thread where eveybody on this site writes a personal greeting to your congregation. It could be like a giant birthday card that everybody signs, and then is given to the person. You could just give us the congregation name, and we could all write them a greetings. Then you could print it out and mail copies to people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit