Emergency-local need on apostasy

by sspo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    It was prophesied in the first century that a great apostasy would arise against the watchtower and the truth

Lol - did he actually say that?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    to give the talk on how the congr. needs to be on guards against people on this board.

Wow, we really got a mention? Thats fantastic!

HELLO SSPO'S congregation and welcome!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    the talk on how the congr. needs to be on guards against people on this board.

Hmmm......this makes me feel like I should make sure I keep my hair combed and wear lipstick when I post!

Personally...I am THRILLED to hear this.....and what an impact this MUST be having for them to be constantly be giving talks about it!

I am still astounded at all the newbies here this summer!

Ain't it GRAND?????

Annie

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Yeah, the whole getting turned in for things you do in the privacy of your own home, or what you may say reminds me of how in the novel 1984 Winstons neighbour Tom Parsons children are the ones who turn him in to the thought police. This is because they are taught to suss out divergent thought from that of the part through "programs" like the Youth League and the Spies.

from 1984 Ch. 2

'Up with your hands!' yelled a savage voice.

A handsome, tough-looking boy of nine had popped up from behind the table and was menacing him with a toy automatic pistol, while his small sister, about two years younger, made the same gesture with a fragment of wood. Both of them were dressed in the blue shorts, grey shirts, and red neckerchiefs which were the uniform of the Spies. Winston raised his hands above his head, but with an uneasy feeling, so vicious was the boy's demeanour, that it was not altogether a game.

'You're a traitor!' yelled the boy. 'You're a thought-criminal! You're a Eurasian spy! I'll shoot you, I'll vaporize you, I'll send you to the salt mines!'

Suddenly they were both leaping round him, shouting 'Traitor!' and 'Thought-criminal!' the little girl imitating her brother in every movement."

"With those children, he thought, that wretched woman must lead a life of terror. Another year, two years, and they would be watching her night and day for symptoms of unorthodoxy. Nearly all children nowadays were horrible. What was worst of all was that by means of such organizations as the Spies they were systematically turned into ungovernable little savages, and yet this produced in them no tendency whatever to rebel against the discipline of the Party. On the contrary, they adored the Party and everything connected with it. The songs, the processions, the banners, the hiking, the drilling with dummy rifles, the yelling of slogans, the worship of Big Brother -- it was all a sort of glorious game to them. All their ferocity was turned outwards, against the enemies of the State, against foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals. It was almost normal for people over thirty to be frightened of their own children. And with good reason, for hardly a week passed in which The Times did not carry a paragraph describing how some eavesdropping little sneak -- 'child hero' was the phrase generally used -- had overheard some compromising remark and denounced its parents to the Thought Police."

• blondie
    blondie
    It was prophesied in the first century that a great apostasy would arise against the watchtower and the truth

There was a WTS in the first century, WT and Awake magazines, NWT, and books?

Blondie

• delilah
    delilah

You guys are a dangerous group

Don't they know it? LMAO...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I almost wish I could still give talks so that I could mention sites like this by name!

"Don't you dare go to www.jehovahs-witness.com that Simon bastard is a wolf in sheeps clothing!"

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

A 15 min infomercial at the SM.

How many went home and googled x-jw or something else meaningful?

Uwuf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit