Has Anyone, or, How Many Have Written to WTS...what was the response?

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    No Apologies said: Isn't there an account in the Bible where some children tried to approach Jesus and the apostles tried to shoosh them away? And then Jesus, I forget now, how does that story go?

Jesus told the children to quit asking him questions because they sounded like they were apostate questions, He told them to rat out their parents and/or other family members and friends if they doubted anything that Jesus was saying and to make sure they attended all 5 meetings a week at the Synogogue and to turn in their field service report every month.

• freetosee
    freetosee

My understanding is that on very rare cases does the society reply directly to the poster. The elders are in charge of the congregation and its members. The society only gives advice to the elders which they choose to follow. So any harm done you can’t sue the WTS. Even if an elder writes the society the reply is sent to the PO who brings it before the BOE.

I always found it strange how secretive the elders are when it comes to these letters. Only the privileged ones are allowed to read the WT letters. fts

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I have written several letters. The responses range from directing me to certain publications, to "wait on Jehovah" style responses, to redirecting blame to Satan and to me for my having discovered conduct that violated their own standards of neutrality.

I have never received a candid, direct answer to any question I asked. I am of the opinion that only honest JWs can give such direct answers. Once a JW becomes honest, they will not be a JW for very much longer.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

freetosee,

I always found it strange how secretive the elders are when it comes to these letters. Only the privileged ones are allowed to read the WT letters.

Excellent point. I had never considered the implications of this, but you are right. I am going to have to think this one over.

We have letters to the Corinthians, Thessalonians, Romans, Hebrews, Ephesians, Colossians, Galatians, to personal friends, letters between an apostle and an elder (Timothy), the minutes of a "governing body" meeting and the resulting letter (Acts 15), the messages to the seven congregations in Asia...where is ANY indication of the kind of secret communiqués this organization produces by the truckloads?

I need to flesh this one out a bit. There is something very important in this difference needs exploring.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Jesus told the children to quit asking him questions because they sounded like they were apostate questions, He told them to rat out their parents and/or other family members and friends if they doubted anything that Jesus was saying and to make sure they attended all 5 meetings a week at the Synogogue and to turn in their field service report every month.

Yup. That's how I remember it. Don't forget the part where he scolded the parents too - for letting their children run loose and speak to adults. Something about 'children should be seen, not heard.' Which was then amended by the apostles who wrote the words down, to... 'children should not be seen, or heard.'

Of course, when the NWT bible translators got 'hold of it, it got translated to something like... 'children should be seen at the meetings with their parents.'

Regards,

Jim TX

• dozy
    dozy

I've written several personal letters (to the London Bethel) and have been always been disappointed by the responses. On one occasion , they didn't write back at all , and only responded by an standard acknowledgement to the follow-up letter which was sent by recorded delivery.

Unless the writer stipulates in the letter that the information is not to be shared with the congregation elders , a copy of the reply letter is sent to the PO.

As far as letters that the body of elders originate , these usually get a quicker response (especially when they are accompanied by a phone call). But what always surprises me in an organisation that put so much public emphasis on order is just how poorly the WTS is actually organised. It would seem that the correspondence department is very small , poorly admisterered and totally inadequate to cope with the volume of correspondence (in fairness , they do get a huge amount of "red crayon" wacko type mail). The different departments often seem incapable of liasing with each other and I have had several experiences where , for example , the legal department has said one thing and has been contradicted by the medical desk.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes and they mainly agreed with me

• freetosee
    freetosee

Dozy,

I appreciate your honesty.

Regarding wacko mail, I remember our CO was asked to take a parcel with him on his way to bethel. It was addressed to the German Branch overseer Willy Pohl. In large letters it was written "W.P. you are a liar" and other insults and filthy language. It was really strange and I thought all apostates are like that. fts

• JimWood
    JimWood

Anyone feel like engaging in a 'letter writing campaign?' We could all pick a branch to re-submit questions that never got answered in the past.

I have no expectations that they would be answered but.....it would increase their orders for Advil.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Jim

I would go along with that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit