Today I was un-shunned.....

by AK - Jeff 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Not typical of my SIL to do more than just a casual greeting and look nervous when I run across her somewhere. Last time I met her in public at a restuarant she tried to weave across the room and hope I did not see her [fear of eating with an apostate I suppose.]

Today the opposite - I came in to the restuarant and she was there, seated alone. I assumed from the last time that she would feel uncomfortable with sitting with me - so I started to another table and greeted her on the way. She motioned me over and said "Hey, you can eat with me if u like - I don't bite." So I did. We had a pleasant conversation and religion was never brought up. She looked a little curious about the book I had carried in with me - one I had just picked up in the library espousing some religio-politico views on Iran and Israel. [I have not read a word of it so have no idea what it says- title is Jerusalem Countdown.]

I never know when I will be greeted with a cold shoulder from some witnesses [family or not]. This took me by surprise. Perhaps she has noticed that I am not dripping blood from my fangs nearly as much as she thought I was previous.

Jeff

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Or maybe she's on her way out...? One can but hope! Plus there are going to be more and more people leaving this cult as the numbers begin to plummet!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Did she lose her job recently? Does she need money?

Unexpected friendliness from a JW may be a prelude to a request for a handout.

Watch your assets!

W

• greater_freedom
    greater_freedom

Hey, I was un-shunned too today. I had to inspect a local contractor's electrical instalation and it turns out to be one of the elders who gladly accepted my DA letter back in May. I am on the planning commision as well as the BZA for our township. He talked to me for almost 30 mins. He wanted me to know his opposition to an ethanol plant being built in his nieghborhood. It will effect his quality of life. By the way, all his employees stopped work and joined in the discussion. They are all dubs too. I am of value now that he needs my vote.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    I am on the planning commision as well as the BZA for our township.

Is this a position that you were 'elected' to - by voters, or just appointed by someone else?

They are all dubs too. I am of value now that he needs my vote.

If he is not a voter, and you attained your office by voters... then his opinion isn't worth spit. He should be made aware of this, too. *wink*

If you weren't voted into office... rats!

Regards,

Jim TX

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Perhaps she is having a few doubts herself, you never know. Let's hope so

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Before she walked into the restaurant, she slipped on a banana peel and hit her head on the sidewalk, so you will have to excuse the old gal she is not feeling well today.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Jeff

I wonder if told anyone else that she had lunch with you.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Jeff,

What a nice surprise!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Jeff!

It sure is hard to "read" JWs at times......you never know with some of them whether you will be worthy of a smile or a sudden departure! I'm glad for you that it was pleasant this go-round!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit