Who Was The Weirdest Person In Your Congregation?

by Arthur 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Slinky
    Slinky

Just found this forum today this thread is soooo funny, Im laughing my head off imagining ALL of these people at a convention all seated in the same row ROFL

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

*shuffles feet uneasily*

Ummm... I was pretty weird... still am... didn't fit in with the others... wasn't allowed to go to basketball games - unless my younger brothers could tag along - I never went.

I went 'quiet' - wouldn't talk to anyone at the 'hall' for a while - just stood up in front, after the meetings, waiting for the 'ok, lets go' signal from the other family members. Kids thought that I was pretty weird... as did some adults...

So, yeah... yall can probably add me to this long list.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi Jim TX - Were you a child at the time of attending?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Well, there was this one sister in Ft.Worth in the 70' - 80's...she had really strange eyes<------- that always seemed surprised in a 'not happy' way. It was really strange when she smiled, which was rarely. She was always 'holier than thou', very aloof and not warm or friendly. Since I was a Regular Pioneer I was 'blessed' with working with her a lot (she aux. pioneered a lot).

If she raised her hand, she always got to answer -- even if she just read the answer verbatim. (who could improve on the Wt's words ?) Nobody ever said bad things about her or even criticised her for a lot of other really strange actions or behaviors that anyone would be talked to by the Elders. If someone did question something about her, even privately between them themselves -- they were quickly shot down with "No one in Jehovah's Org. is perfect, ya' know !"

She had a daughter in her late teens that was the party animal of our circuit. Any party -- she was there, she also was dating or flirting with every brother and...getting away with it. She had 'Carte Blanche' 'untouchable' just like her Mom. Just this year, talking to an old friend that pioneered with me in that same KH who was later DF...I found out she had slept with almost every young brudder in the Hall and several others, including him. I asked him, "Damn, was I the only one not having sex back then ??? (Pre-75) He said, "Apparently ! You were just so devoted, we tried to set you up all the time."

Yep. I was a 'good Witness'

Anyway...this 'older' sister...why was she 'untouchable' ? Easy...she was one of Jehovah's 144,000 anointed folks ! I counted her every year, then, other bros. would check my figures. "Ok, so, you have (1) one partaker _____ _______ right ?" "Right !" "And you ?" Yep, let's see...I've got, uh, (1) one, two, I mean also !

I asked her one time (we were instructed not to..) "Sister ______, how do you know you're anointed ? I mean how do you feel differently ?"

She said, "I have just always known I was going to heaven. Even when I was a Southern Baptist -- I just always knew it !"

"Oh-hhh...OK, I see..."

It always comforted me that this nut she would soon be a ruler over me in Paradise. Not. (at least she did not defile herself w/womenSee Rev. 14:4)

Rabbit

• Highlander
    Highlander

I know of one brother who was 'all-thumbs' due to separate machinery accidents that took his fingers off. This same brother had quite the

bladder problem, so anytime you were out in 'field service' with him, it was inevitable, that he would bolt from the car, run behind the nearest

tree, shrub, house, etc and do his thing. I often wonder how many times he wet himself due to difficulty unzipping his fly since he only had

thumbs work with.

I actually enjoyed being around this brother,, he was quite strange,, 50 + years of age, and living at home with mom and dad. I also felt

sorry for him,, as he was treated as an outcast and someone to be avoided by the congo. It never amazes me, how the congo will go to

any length to 'recruit' a new member,, then ignore that same member because of being a little different.

• target
    target

There was this little old man who would go on and on about the Nazis being at his door all night long. (This was in Wisconsin) Then one day we heard he had been "hospitalized". Never saw him again.

Target

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

We had a "disturbed" sister in our hall that claimed ( insisted) her cousin was Shania Twain ???!! . She would sit at meetings & literally have "staring contests" with people. It got pretty annoying, she'd just space out and would hold the stare for minutes at a time. You could stare back all you wanted, it was like she was looking through you, and wouldn't stop.

The worst part was she wasn't very subtle, she'd turn ALL the way around ( of course she'd always sit in the front of the hall) and stare. So WEIRD.

She reminded me of a prominent elders wife though....maybe THEY are really cousins?!?

• luna2
    luna2

Its very strange, but I can't remember any truly weird people in the two congos I attended....some eccentric people, yeah, but they were some of my favorite folks, so I can't call them weird.

I think the elder I worked for and his family were probably the oddest. He could do no wrong. Anything he did, he could find an excuse for. If you did what he did, he be all over your butt, but if he did it...must be right. His wife was very nice, but completely fake. When she talked to her kids it was like they were practicing a skit for the Theo Mini School or an assembly or something. His mother would never ever wear slacks...ever. Didn't matter if she was hiking in the woods or spending the day at Disney World or camping...dresses and skirts, always.

Oh, another strange one was a different elder's wife. She looked like she was stuck in the late 50's/early 60's with her slightly greasy, tightly curled Donna Reed-style hair, her just below the knee A-line skirts, twin sets and pearls. I don't think she took a bath or shower but once a week...whether she needed one or not. She wasn't dirty exactly, just a bit gamey. She thought it was her job to call on DF'd people and "encourage" them. Even if they'd just had a part about how we weren't supposed to do that, it apparently didn't apply to her. She carried a Kingdom Hall library (almost) in her trunk. She'd root around in there for the longest time picking out the perfect publication for her current victim call. If you ever asked her if she'd like a drink, she'd often say, "No, I'm fully hydrated."

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Most of the jw's were a bit wierd. For one thing they wired a part of the k-dumb hall in the attic with zip cord #16 a complete violation of wiring codes.

There was one guy who really was mentally challenged. The best job he could get was sweeping out the empty rail road cars.

They wanted me to keep track of the temperature control. I did but it wasn't my main effort, so once in a while it wouldn't suit all the members.

For reasons unknown this guy was given the title of ELDER.

He comes over to me and says," you know if you don't want to do this, we can get someone who will".

In a very authoritative manner. I said "why don't you just do that".

I suggested that he do the this high tech job. He had no answer, just stood there confused and finally sat down.

Outoftheorg

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Hi Jim TX - Were you a child at the time of attending?

I was a teenager... late teens, probably. I remember one fella (a longtime friend of the family) coming up to me and saying 'Hello.' He then did the usual small talk... 'How are you?' etc. I just would nod, and give brief answers - looking down at the floor - hoping that he would go away, which he did eventually. When I got home, I got the 'third-degree'. Them: "What was T*** talking to you about?" Me: Nothing." Them: "Well, it must've been something! You two looked serious!" Me: "He was just saying 'hello', and asked how I was doing." Them: "Well, he must've said something else..." Me: "No, that was it." This grilling continued for about 30 minutes. I just figured that I was practicing for the days when we would be questioned in small little rooms by the 'opposition', before Armageddon. *shrug* Regards, Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit