How deep did you search to finally quit being a JW?

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

In my case, I never did much research or read alot of apostate literature to get out of the JW religion. All I looked at was their heart and how they treated me. That alone spoke for itself.

• snobirobi
    snobirobi

Same here. It wasn't hard to leave.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I left first, then researched, to make sure it wa the right decision. Turns out it was.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Just living through the hell that tore my family apart was enough research for me.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I left first, then researched, to make sure it wa the right decision. Turns out it was. mama1119

Same here. What a relief to know I made the right decision about this cult.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I did do some research first, started using quickverse 6.0 in my studying about 5 years ago and realized that there legitimate points by other bible scholars. Interestingly, I actually stopped using the software because I was discovering too many problems with the society's doctrine and what legitimate bible scholars were saying, it was leading to a lot of disquieting thoughts. Also researched the use of the cross as the instrument of Christ death and found out that it was in fact more likely Christ died on a cross rather than a stake (this was done after seeing the Mel Gibson movie 'Passion of the Christ' and a brother used that as a reason it was a worthless movie, it motivated me to research the topic more closely); started looking at sites like freeminds.com and others which confirmed suspicions I had toward the org. Finally took the last step and read Ray Franz's book 'Crises of Conscience' and that was it, I couldn't go to another meeting. I had a epiphany and realized I was conned. Did anyone have a moment like that? It was like I reached the tipping point and everything fell together; I was really stunned for a few days as I let it all sink in. It was worth it though!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

about as deep as pulling a Murph out of my ass

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the lack of love pushed me away, not research..that came later.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I left in my heart before I started researching. The research (rather deep for me) helped me to get my hubby and kids out of the org and helped to validate that I did the right thing.

It was the total lack of love, judgemental attitudes and obvious worship of the WT magazines and FDS that got me to see things were not right with this organization. I also noticed how people were judged as spiritual by outward appearences and not by how they were inside as a person. What also got me thinking was how no one I knew had any basic understanding of the bible at all and could only "parrot" what the magazines or books said.

• Free
    Free

What the hell is a murph ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit