Concerning the big announcement in September

by truthseeker 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    This campaign will run its course and peter out. A year from now it will be a memory. Five years from now it will be a distant memory by which time we will have Kingdom News #38, "False Religion's End Is Near."

So true. Except Kingdom News #38 will be, "Armageddon Is Just Around The Corner... Still!"

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If they want bigger numbers, why don't they just make them up like I did when I turned in time slips? Who would know how many hours the Witnesses in Ganfanawhocaresistan or The Republic of Zimbobawhatever put in?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I wonder how big a "win-win" situation it will be after January 1, 2007 when some of these sheeple realize they've been played.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Actually I started thinking about this and if my facts are correct, this wouldn't work anyway. They count publishers by service year which begins in September. So the number probably wouldn't show for a year. they probably are just at their foolish predictions again.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

mindless busy work its their bread and butter.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***Ganfanawhocaresistan or The Republic of Zimbobawhatever***

Are these new "lands?" Couldn't find their languages listed in September WT, LOL!
    ~Sue

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I think they have begun bracing and sandbagging to prepare for 2014. That year is going to be a kick square in the nuts for them, as cartman would say...

• Gill
    Gill

I wonder if they have a special months service prepared for September 2014!?! Now that will be an interesting year. 2015 on could be even more interesting!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    The J-dubs are so starved for any event to affirm their frantic faith they will conjure them out of thin air.

This is sooo true.

I know this because I used to do it. I would pore (sp?) over news articles from around the world, trying to piece together evidence of the "end times," and of course I could always find something to affirm my faith - but only for a week or so. I needed more evidence than what the society gave in their articles - which were just a bunch of over-used statistics and tired arguments. When the "world" got me down, I would try to gloat over the fact that I would be happy and important in that new world, when all the "wicked ones" would be gone. I did this until I realised that really wasn't me. I didn't hope for the destruction of humanity to make myself feel better anymore... because, well, only psychotic people do that.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The largest Hindu temple in Europe is opening in the West Midlands with a five-day religious festival. (Tividale)
    Not too far away from the Assembly Hall at Dudley....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit