Concerning the big announcement in September

by truthseeker 19 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

A little while back I posted a topic on a supposedly shocking announcement that was to be made in September, which is just over a week away.

I have nothing new to add, suffice to say that Gary1914 posted an interesting comment that he heard from his relative, a District Overseer...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115450/4.ashx

I was at the Kingdom Hall tonight and I went through all the recent BOE letters just to make sure that I didn't miss one, because sometimes I do. Well, there was nothing special in any of them and certainly not an shocking announcement.

When I got home I called my brother who is a DO and asked him if he had heard anything about a special announcement. He said that the society is trying to get everyone excited and pumped up for the last six months of the year so that the figures will be better for this year than they were for last year. If the brothers think Armegeddon is near then they will spend more time in the field service and replacements will be greater. Also special campaigns get the brothers all excited and they look forward to them, ergo, more time in field service. At the same time. if interested ones and bible studies are concerned that the end is near there will be more baptisms. Rhese special campaigns and hints of Armegeddon are win, win, strategies for the organization

But he might know something else that he is not telling me. I don't know. He keeps some stuff close to his vest. I'll keep pumping him.

Since then, the Sep KM published an announcement about the forthcoming Kingdom News #37 distribution.

In the mean time, the waters of Babylon The Great are far from drying up...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/5276644.stm

Opening for biggest Hindu temple The largest Hindu temple in Europe is opening in the West Midlands with a five-day religious festival.

From Wednesday priests are to perform a number of rituals to sanctify the £6.5m Shri Venkateswara (Balaji) Temple of the UK in Tividale.

During five days more than 10,000 devotees are expected to visit the site, with most due at the weekend.

The temple's design is based on one of the holiest sites in the Hindu world, the Tirupati-Tirumala Temple in India.

Scores of sculptors and artisans from India have worked on the intricate carvings that cover the walls, ceilings, pillars and roof of the temple.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If they're trying to pump people up, then their strategy is already working. Folks in my book study got their KMs and were going, "Oh, the end must be so close! Look at this new campaign!"

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sir Nose,

The Special Campaign is only a month long - does that mean that all false religion will be destroyed by mid October?

This campaign will run its course and peter out. A year from now it will be a memory. Five years from now it will be a distant memory by which time we will have Kingdom News #38, "False Religion's End Is Near."

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

This year is probably the biggest in terms of Society events since 1975.

Having learned the hard lesson of date setting, enough time has gone by to start the end-of-the-world drum roll again.

This time, we have had the "Deliverance at Hand" District Convention, a DC tract campaign, another campaign on Creation (Sep Awake!) and yet another campaign - Kingdom News #37, "False Religion's End Is Near", then there have been the 70 changes in the Revelation Book which will be considered next year.

It is cruel and heartless to play on the minds of people just to improve their results. They have no shame and no conscience.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I swear, it works every time. Start a rumor of a "big announcement" months ahead, organize a few "special issues" of Awake's, WT's, and KM's, give a few mildly rousing talks at the DC, and you have tens of thousands of people willing to aux. pioneer to make Jehoover look down on them with approval. The result: bigger numbers for the next service year. There is always something they can use to make their work look important, like if they had fewer Bible studies, they can focus on the more hours that were spent in the ministry. Or, if the hours wern't that great, they can focus on how many more they brought to the memorial. The J-dubs are so starved for any event to affirm their frantic faith they will conjure them out of thin air. Pathetic, pitiful, and always preposterous.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Sir Nose,

The Special Campaign is only a month long - does that mean that all false religion will be destroyed by mid October?

This campaign will run its course and peter out. A year from now it will be a memory. Five years from now it will be a distant memory by which time we will have Kingdom News #38, "False Religion's End Is Near."

If the Borg says it's going to happen, then it must, right?? They should know better than anyone else.

People will forget, most definitely. That's why I want remind people that we did this 10 years ago.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Well said Daniel-P.

It escapes there attention that they have probably done the same kind of thing for the last 20 years running.

I wonder when some will say, "Haven't we done this before?" only to be shut down for "murmuring against the earthly part of Jehovah's Organization."

I know my congregation will be estatic over the new campaign. Two weeks into it they'll be worn out, then relating experiences and finally it will die.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    He said that the society is trying to get everyone excited and pumped up for the last six months of the year so that the figures will be better for this year than they were for last year. If the brothers think Armegeddon is near then they will spend more time in the field service and replacements will be greater. Also special campaigns get the brothers all excited and they look forward to them, ergo, more time in field service. At the same time. if interested ones and bible studies are concerned that the end is near there will be more baptisms. Rhese special campaigns and hints of Armegeddon are win, win, strategies for the organization

This is EXACTLY what is going on here! As I have mentioned before---not ONE THING has changed since this "exciting 'NEWS" was hand-delivered by us way back in the 1970's and in subsequent years.

The WTS HAS to drum up enthusiasm SOME way.....and since they don't advocate putting faith in JESUS as their Lord and Savior, they have to have some gimmick to make them appear to have the inside edge on "world events" to have them look as though they have some credibility.

When JWs get tired of putting their lives, plans, hopes and personal dreams on hold for decades---they begin to smell a rat----the rats who have been duping and deceiving them all along.

And they STILL don't put their faith or trust in Jesus, as the bible says they should. JWs put their faith and trust in the WTS. Baaaad move.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Daniel-p

Good talk you deserve 3 "p"s especially for emphasis on the"p"s

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    The J-dubs are so starved for any event to affirm their frantic faith they will conjure them out of thin air.

This is sooo true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit