feeling blah - angry at the cult...

by EyesOpened 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

EO, were you able to talk to your brother?

• EyesOpened
    EyesOpened

sass,

I haven't talked with my brother since last October... same type of attitude toward me as my father... that I am a traitor...

I received an email from them after I left with a cute little story about a kid doing some bad and his sister saw it and instead of telling on him, made him do her chores - making him her "slave" - and the moral was that Jehovah is looking out the window and sees everything and when you want to stop becoming a slave to Satan, Jehovah will be there... Implying that I'm a slave to Satan... Whew... That's scary stuff.

Feeling better today - my rants and venting yesterday helped tremendously... thank you all very much for being here for me. I will try to start contributing more to the posts I read - and I do read them all...

EO

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

EyesOpened, venting is good and healthy. Remember that we were taught to control our feelings, all of them, whatever they may be. . .we were told to suppress all feelings: anger, arousal, confusion, desire, dismay, doubt, envy, fear, happiness and independence, these are things that we should have come to manage and enjoy as adolescents but are now expressing for the first time in our lives. To have the sense to see that and to have this outlet to express how we feel about the WTS, it's natural and good and cathartic. THanks for sharing your history, want to hear more from you!!

ps

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

Dear EO I really feel for you , buddy. I am 49 years old and going through almost exactly the same thing that you are going thru....except exchange Indiana for beautiful Vancouver, BC, canada.........same stuff different location. Hang in there it does get better. If you ever need some private advice I'm available if you PM me.

Thanks K

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Do anything you have always wanted to do. Any guilty pleasure. Any interest that was nipped in the bud. ANYTHING you feel a draw to that would not have been condoned. Do it.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey eyes open,
    I suggest when you can make some time, read combatting cult mind control by steve hassan. Many smart people get duped into cult groups because they don't realize the dynamics working on them when they first start associating with them. Many times they play on peoples sense of trust which is what makes cults and cult-like groups so insideous. Once you understand more fully, it may get easier to forgive your parents, even many of the friends in the congo. Really, they are victums as well without even realizing it. At least you realize it. Keep talking my friend, let it all out and get it out of your system. You will feel better in time.
    thecarpenter

• EyesOpened
    EyesOpened

hello all, can't seem to close out this thread - so many good thoughts... at what point does a thread get outdated??? :) thanks again to all of you for your kind words. EO

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Threads don't close until their time has come *ominous music*

heh, no - in Active Topics you can see the most recently-added threads, some people use that. Others read the various folders individually, which display in order of when they were first started. If a thread is still being posted to, it stays in the 'Active Topics' folder until newer stuff outdates it. I think. Don't worry about it, people just want to help you through. Hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit