What Good Are Watchtower Apologists To This Site?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Well they seem to provide some kind of entertainment.

Personally though, i find all this debating over scriptures that goes on with them totally mindless. Apart from the poking fun at their asinine argumentations.

I do find it marginally intriguing why people even BOTHER entertaining their ramblings though.

The words PEARLS and SWINE come to mind.

Peace

Lowden

• minimus
    minimus

I'm happy certain debaters address them. Like I said, I believe the WT. is sponsoring their being here to provide disinformation. Do you agree that they could very well be doing this???

• Andy C
    Andy C
    Do you agree that they could very well be doing this???

No. The WTS has better things to do, in their mind.

• parakeet
    parakeet

The ranters and babblers get tiresome quickly. The shoot-and-run trolls are sometimes amusing. But occasionally, well-meaning JWs come to the site, and I find it interesting to hear what they have to say.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Like watching a car accident pulled over to the side of the freeway.

• minimus
    minimus

Andy, there's too many polished JWs rebutting us. I believe AlanF mentioned that these posters are speaking in such a way that suggests that they are with the Society as in 'being there'.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I like them to come on here. They remind me of what I used to be, and why I'm not like that now.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

These posts and threads are extremely valuable.

One of the first things that I did when I re-examined my religious existance as a JW was to go throught the steps of trying to prove to myself what I was taught as truth. As a witness you are force fed a lot of stuff. The information that you are give is never sustatntiated by references. It is just fed to you as "the truth."

Force feeding propoganda as truth is not possible in this forum. Apologists that promote the wts teachings must attempt to prove at a much deeper level that is ever necessary at the local kingdom hall. There are two results from their work. Both results are positive.

In an attempt to prove the truth to others the Apoligist may discover that there is no substance to what they have been taught.

Readers who are in a state of flux related to their beliefs will read both sides of the arguement and be able to make a rational decision based upon the facts of what they read. They will never hear this information from a talk at the local hall. That fact alone should have an impact on what they eventually decide as to what is truth.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Blondie or some other great historian among us correct me if I am wrong - but didn't I hear it said that Simon and other founders of the JWD kind of started out as at least partly JW apologists?

I say we set a great example by giving the witness scholors a fair chance and also a sound put-down when required.

• Andy C
    Andy C
    there's too many polished JWs rebutting us

Not that polished Minimus. I will however concede that it is possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit