Letter to the Editor about jw's

by Mamacat 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

This was in our Sunday paper. I remember once in field service, an elder ran over a trashcan and never even stopped to set it back up, so this comes as no surprise to me. How rude. I'm glad this woman thought to write the paper about it.

http://www.ydr.com/letters/ci_4210701

There were witnesses
    Daily Record/Sunday News

Aug 20, 2006 —

"Thorns" to the couple driving a blue car that was handing out unsolicited "invitations" to an upcoming religious event door-to-door in North Hopewell Township below Winterstown on Aug. 12 between 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.

Our two children "witnessed" your damaging our flower bed and house number sign as you backed down our driveway. Did you have the common decency to stop and inform us of your accident? No. You had to know - you were on a steep bank as you backed onto the road. Our attempts to locate the car were fruitless. Thankfully, the damage was repairable.

In the past, we have always been very courteous to uninvited visitors from this religious organization. If you truly feel the need to continue to share your information regarding Jehovah door-to-door in the future, then please respect the property of others and have a conscience. KIMBERLY P. GRIFFIN
    FELTON

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

It was a "worldly" flowerbed anyway!

That may sound hateful and weird but there is a "disconnected" feeling towards peoples homes and people themselves who are not witnesses. Whether it is subconscious or not it is there.

And if anyone in that cong. reads that article it will be looked at as an uncalled for knock on JW's.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I guess all those little lectures given to me that we're "spectacles on stage" are really true! I'll try not to mess up anyone's yard from now on.

• VM44
    VM44

Could this person send a bill for the damages to the local Kingdom Hall?

Aftere all, the work was being DIRECTED by the local Kingdom Hall.

Did those JWs that caused the damage really care about the people they were visiting?

Gary has said this and I am going to say it also, Jehovah's Witnesses do not care about people!

--VM44

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    And if anyone in that cong. reads that article it will be looked at as an uncalled for knock on JW's.

Yes that will be the reaction. Well done to the person for writing to point it out though, and the paper for printing it.

• blondie
    blondie

They will say

1) We are all imperfect

2) Just because one JW is bad, does not make them all bad.

3) The children were lying; we know children can't tell the truth.

I wonder if the JWs had made contact with anyone and thought no one was home, no one to see them except their God; "Jehovah has left the land and he is not seeing."

• Mary
    Mary

I love it! Think of the thousands of people that will read that Letter to the Editor. It might be only local, but any bad publicity puts a dark cloud over the Happiest People on Earth. Especially when they act like trash while doing the Lord's Work.

• yucca
    yucca

Some demons did it so the JWS get the blame . Its religious persecution.

• anewme
    anewme

That was a very effective way to deal with the hit and run damage caused by the thoughtless Witnesses.

Very effective.

Humiliate them publicly.

They do it to others all the time.

• james_woods
    james_woods

That mean biitch will be killed by Jehovay in Harmaggedon anyway, and the wisdom of the annotinted will give the JW bad driver her house and flowerbed after the GTrib...we don't know if they can keep that car or not, but it did it's dooty and the pet sabretooth tiger should be happy rummaging around, and we will have lots of time to regrow those flowers.

On the other hand, maybe the JWs could go back and say they are soooo sorry, and the offended family would then come to kingdom hall and get to be an example legend during the next summer assembly routines...probididing of course that next summer actually comes to the good earth....

So, what is the problem here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit