What is the JW View of Clowning :o)??

by Seeker4 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Jim_TX,

That story is funny as hell! Thanks for sharing it.

And remember, in JW-think, ventriliquism isn't a skill, it's a form of demonism, especially as practiced by old Satan there with the serpent. It'll probably slow your being used in the congregation down some if you're an expert at it!

Speaking of clown elders, I just remembered what an old friend CO once told me. If a brother can put his pants on one leg at a time, he qualifies to be a MS. If he also remembers to zip up his fly, he can be an elder!

S4

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

You guys are killing me! It occurs to me that the following from Wikipedia certainly sounds like grounds for disfellowshipping. Just the word, "prestidigitation" sounds like it is straight from Satan the Debbil.

Sleight of hand, also known as prestidigitation ('quick fingers') or legerdemain (pronounced in French, from 'lightness of hand' or deformation of 'le jeu de main' i.e. 'playing with the hand'), is the set of techniques used by a magician (or card sharp) to manipulate objects such as cards and coins secretly. Sleight of hand is not a branch of magic, but rather the means used by a magician to achieve magical effects. The techniques involved are sometimes difficult and may need months or years of practice before they can be performed proficiently. Sleight of hand is mostly employed in close-up magic, but it can also be used in stage magic.

Certainly, honest-hearted ones would be wise to consider that even the appearance of participation in magic is not something a true Christian would want to be involved in. Members of the Christian congregation would want to reflect on the fact that our Creator did not give us the gift of fingers so that we could, in turn, create 'magical effects' and attempt to decieve our brothers. Rather, it would be well that we use our fingers in a fine, spiritually approved activitiy, such as ringing doorbells and sharing our joyful purpose with the householder who answers.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Rather, it would be well that we use our fingers in a fine, spiritually approved activitiy, such as ringing doorbells and sharing our joyful purpose with the householder who answers.

...and pointing out the "faults" of others.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Sometimes you just got to take the stick out of you arse to enjoy life.....anal retention is detrimental to your health!!!!!!..........rocky220

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

WOW! That surprises me...I would of thought that they would encourage clowning. I have seen alot of clowns all get into one small car..it would be GREAT for service. All you would have to do is make one car group on Sat morning. Hey, it would save gas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit