How do you say good-bye?

by hambeak 31 Replies latest social relationships

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

{{{{{Gary}}}}}

Choosing a name like Hambeak already shows that you have quite an interesting sense of humor. Don't ever lose it!

A number of years ago my mother was diagnosed and operated on for colon cancer. She was in her 80"s. She died three years ago----of Alzheimer's----she had successfully survived her bout with cancer!

Of COURSE this news and the diagnosis IS devastating for those affected, but a positive attitude HAS been proven to overcome some pretty terrible odds!

My love and prayers are yours, and to your partner too. Maybe your name could be added to the weekly vigil here.....you are more than deserving of this.

With sincere love and hugs,

Annie

• hambeak
    hambeak

Thanks I am going to fight this like you wouldn't believe. Otherwise I feel strong and healthy just couldn't shit. Doctor found a tumor in my colon and I have a surgeon to take it out and give me drugs for the pain. I swear I will make it even though My ex wife told me she hopes I die a horrible death. Screw her!!!!!!!!!

• hambeak
    hambeak

Thanks Lady Liberty I really appreciate your message.

Here is what I am doing for myself. I am healthy otherwise and in good spirits My doctor is my next door neighbor and a friend and he is putting me on some new thing a surgery and some kind of new chemo with a lot of vitamin therapy. I just hope Jake doesn't lose his mind over this! I will keep in touch and I hope you all do to again THANKS!!!!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((Gary and Jake))))),

Having been diagnosed last year with breast cancer, I know how devastating the news can be for both patient and loved one. Just hearing the word cancer applied to oneself is terrifying and brings one immediately face to face with mortality. I have found that to be a gift, not because I stopped fighting to live, but because I learned to live more patiently and more fully, and to practice self-love--being kind with myself and my limitations while I was undergoing treatment.

My breast cancer was labeled "aggressive," too, Gary, but I am here over a year later doing splendidly well. The prognosis for surviving colon cancer is, I believe, better even than that for breast cancer. So I suggest you educate yourself, go with the best odds you can in availing yourself of treatment options with which you can be comfortable.

Share your fears and hopes, with Jake, and get through this together.

And yes, you shall be added to the next vigil thread to benefit, as so many of us already have, from the wonderful outpouring of love from this JWD community.

Hang in there, kiddo!

Brenda

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would make the most of time I have left and shut the Internet off and go about spending my last moment in the most real way possible with all the personal contact I could possibility muster up.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Hi, Gary --

Thanks for posting. If I might echo some of the other posters in this thread, please don't give up. "Aggressive" sounds scary, but I have a friend right now who is a 5-year survivor of what she was told was an especially "aggressive" breast cancer.

Please stop by and visit the weekly Vigil threads anytime, where we remember our members with cancer. Some people pray, others send healing thoughts, good wishes, words of encouragement, etc. It originally started with a request from Ian (Dansk) who has been fighting mantle cell lymphoma for more than 2 years. He asked that we concentrate at 8 pm Tuesday nights. Since then we have added many more names.

We will all be thinking of you!

{{{ Gary }}} & {{{ Jake }}}

Hugs,
    Marjorie

• juni
    juni

What wonderful greetings with love have been sent your way Gary. I noticed several names of people who have dealt with cancer either themselves or their partner. I have found this site to be more than an Internet Forum for open discussion. Here you will find people who understand what you're going through - whether illness, bad experiences or whatever life deals you. We have a loving bond here that is so comforting. And we get crazy sometimes too w/our humor.

I, too, send my best wishes to you and your partner. Sounds like you are in the hands of a very capable doctor. We respect your privacy and please know that we are all here for you. Take good care of yourself and stay positive.

Most sincerely,

Juni

• earthtone
    earthtone

I've known a few colon Ca patient and they are find now. Don't give up and stay positive. I think this helps tremendously

• target
    target

If you are interested in doing something for yourself called "energy healing", along with the medical treatments, visit www.quantumtouch.com

There have been many cases on their chat board of cancer recoveries. I know of a few personally. It also gives you an active part in your recovery.

You can beat this.

Keep us posted, and best of luck to both of you!

Target

• simplesally
    simplesally

Hambeak, I wish you health, strength and courage during your fight ....... oh and humor!! Chemo causes some 'not so fun' moments but some can be funny later. My daughter trying on my wigs ..... or my nephew trying them on, that was funny! Or the time my wig fell off when I was in an 'balloon trampoline' (we call them jumpers here in the States but you English people would think I was talking about my sweater). Oh the kids thought I lost my hair and were shocked silent!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit