Sorcery is a Viable Pioneer Recruiting Technique

by KennyC 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KennyC
    KennyC

"Good sense stress", was the description of an elder for a circuit overseer's undue emphasis on the words "The children are helping mommy and daddy to...pioNEER.... YES". He said this during a talk of his in the early 1990's. Upon going to a pioneer meeting on that Saturday and seeing him first hand using his hands in a circular motion around a pioneers face who was sitting too close in front of him, he stated "Did you ever notice that little glow they have?" At that moment he bounced back into his chair as some invisible force hit him during his little sorcery technique. There was an elder present and several pioneers and stalwarts, including my aunt, a JW since the 1950's. I, a lone peon troublemaker however was the only one apparently who objected to spiritism that day. After being called an "apostate" a "Diotrophese" and a "slanderer" by elders I was disfellowshipped. The c.o. sorcerer was later appointed to District Overseer. He must be in his 70's by now. Leroy Langon was the name he went by.

On another occasion, when calling a girl that I was interested in from another circuit, I discovered that she had just come in from pioneer school and was talking in chirping tone of voice when she stated "Marriage is a temptation from Satan the Devil." Apparently she had been listening to some "inspired expressions" that I wasn't aware of until then. I tried to help her see things clearly and snap out of her contentious spirit she had obtained to no avail. I am sure she revels in my "downfall". And yet, on another occasion soon after, a Bethel pioneer came to our southern town and gave a slide show presentation at a neighboring KH. When he prayed for "The Spirit of this Great Pioneer Ministry", I could feel a spirit of some strange sort try to pull me up from my chair. It caused me to have a sharp pain in my neck for a while.

Needless to say I will not go back unless they change their ways. Even then, I don't believe I would ever do so since I have been waiting over 15 years for them to come to their senses. The organization hates my guts and sent a message to the elders to "do something about this". Obviously they have disavowed themselves of any responsiblity for this rampant heresy (false teaching) or it's existence, leaving it up to the elders in outlying congo's to attack any individual who speaks up to them.

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Oh man, this takes me back! I was only twelve when my Uncle Frank stopped by with a carful of drunken space aliens and some levitating dwarves. We all loaded into the snarf gibbet and proceeded to bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttttttttttttttttt ggggggggggggggggggllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Well, one thing led to another as they always do when you have two Master Wizards floating atop Mount Everest in search of a good buzz, but hey, who was I to argue with a twelve foot midget? Anyway, they did this spell and all of a sudden everyone had this really cool sensation of flying, but really were were bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttttttttttttttt zzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Ha Ha Ha! Is that the weirdest or what? MM

• rebel8
    rebel8

rofl

I saw some sanctioned "sorcery" in the old days too....iridology, fake hypnosis to recover surpressed memories, various techniques to manipulate your energy field.....all done by a pioneer for $ and very popular in the kingkongregation, even among the elder cliques....now who knows if some of these things have any validity, but they seem to be inconsistent with wt teachings....the modern ones anyway.

The old teachings were very superstitious.... Brochure: Bizarre Medical Myths--Believe it or not!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    ...kingkongregation...

I'm using this!!

• Gill
    Gill

Oh Kenny!!

You've got to admit, once you get 'over' them, the JWs are bloody funny! What a load of 'poo' brains'.

I seem to have got over my anger with them, more or less. Now I can see the funny side of them, it just entertaining.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi kenny, and welcome to the forum.

I once heard a co talk about the pioneer "aura",which might have been the same thing as your guy's "glow", though he didn't do the circular hands trick. He was on a recruitment drive as well, telling us that we couldn't have the aura if we put in less than 1000 hours fs per year.

I had finished pioneering by then, but in the 6 years I did pioneer, no one ever told me I had an "aura". Perhaps it was new light.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Whatever you call these techniques, they have been used by many public speakers, such as preachers, and politicians.

S

• Flash
    Flash
    When he prayed for "The Spirit of this Great Pioneer Ministry", I could feel a spirit of some strange sort try to pull me up from my chair. It caused me to have a sharp pain in my neck for a while.

I am not surprised that there would be a "spirit" among Jehovah's Witnesses that shouldn't be there. I don't believe the "Spirit" that has been leading them is nessesarily the spirit they think it is.

"Judge" J. F. Rutherford, the Watchtower Society's second president, claimed that angels transmitted information inaudibly into his mind. Everything he wrote and published from The Watchtower magazine to his books were the result, he said, of these angelic communications.

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/ruthoccult.html

• KennyC
    KennyC

Hi Fullof...,

The Catholic church had artists incorporate the "glow" or "aura" into many paintings of Jesus, Mary and the Saints. I think they were the first to start seeing such things in a so-called Christian light.(some pun intended) They have a name for the damned thing, but I cannot remember what it was.

• KennyC
    KennyC

Yo, Mistah Mojo,

I guess the difference between your trip up to the mountaintop and mine is that mine wasn't caused by LSD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit