Sorcery is a Viable Pioneer Recruiting Technique

by KennyC 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Whatever you call these techniques, they have been used by many public speakers, such as preachers, and politicians.

S

Think Benny Hinn...

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Whatever you call these techniques, they have been used by many public speakers, such as preachers, and politicians.

I wonder how many if any of the brothers have been trained in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), a form of hypnotisim. http://perso.orange.fr/eldon.braun/awareness/bwash.htm explains how preachers use their voice patterns and words to sway a congregation.

• KennyC
    KennyC
    Thanks for that, StealyFace,
    NLP is a good explanation for his technique. This paragraph about the "yes set" is interesting below:
    "Yes Set"

First, let me give you an example of distracting the left brain. Politicians use these powerful techniques all the time; lawyers use many variations which, I've been told, they call "tightening the noose."

Assume for a moment that you are watching a politician give a speech. First, he might generate what is called a "yes set." These are statements that will cause listeners to agree; they might even unknowingly nod their heads in agreement. Next come the truisms. These are usually facts that could be debated but, once the politician has his audience agreeing, the odds are in the politician's favor that the audience won't stop to think for themselves, thus continuing to agree. Last comes the suggestion. This is what the politician wants you to do and, since you have been agreeing all along, you could be persuaded to accept the suggestion. Now, if you'll listen closely to my political speech, you'll find that the first three are the "yes set," the next three are truisms and the last is the suggestion.

I also remember the evil smirk on his face and the shrill-sounding way he said "The children are helping mommy to pioNEER .... YES" . Of course it all went over the pinheads of these people at the hall and nobody else complained about his deception. So here I am: the village idiot. It just irks me how ready they all were to condemn me to eternal destruction after knowing me since I was a child.

True love, anyway, eh?

I didn't have any sort of ill will toward them, as they had assumed, but it all makes me not even want to look at their fake faces ever again now.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I have stated for years (and I'm certainly not alone) that dubs are among the most superstitious religious freaks around.

Yet, they absolutely disavow that fact. (Demons in that garage sale couch, anyone?)

"But, demons are REAL! They DO exist!

"How do you know they exist?"

"The Bible says they exist."

"How do you know the Bible is telling you the truth?"

"Because the Bible is the Word of God."

"How do you know the Bible is the Word of God?"

"Because the Bible SAYS it's the Word of God. Therefore, demons are REAL."

Using the premise to "prove" the conclusion. That is the classical example of circular reasoning.

Farkel claims to speak for god.

How do we know he speaks for god?

He say's he does, that's why.

How do we know he's credible?

Because he SAYS he's credible, dummy!

Sigh.

Farkel

• KennyC
    KennyC

Remember Farkel, you should never joke about used products.

Why are new products from the demon-haunted region of China never possessed, but it is always some couch, chair, or doll previously owned by a child from a working-class family in America that is full of demons ?

Not even those demonic action figures from Wal Mart are possessed like your grandpa's old recliner, or that apron of Aunt Lilly's that everyone remembers her wearing while singing "Amazing Grace".

Well, I gotta go. I am eating left-overs tonight, so someone pray for me that I do not get uncontrollable heaves and puke all over the place.

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Ahh, yes, the yes set. I have always laughed inside when the entire arena full of convention delegates looked like a sea of bobbleheads.

Well, I gotta go. I am eating left-overs tonight, so someone pray for me that I do not get uncontrollable heaves and puke all over the place.

KennyC, you'll be fine as long as you're leftovers are'nt from Jehogie's table.

(I can't turn off the highlighter!)

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Kenny! I thought you were pulling our legs! LMAO hol cow! That really HAPPENED? THAT IS BIZARRE! Here I thought that, other than the ban on blood, JWs were conventional in their understanding and approach to medicine. How very freaky. I'm glad no one tried to so that kind of weird stuff to ME!

Thanks for a truly freaky read. MM

• headmath
    headmath

I like kingkongregation too. How about the godzillas?

• parakeet
    parakeet

Farkel:
    ***I have stated for years (and I'm certainly not alone) that dubs are among the most superstitious religious freaks around.***

A few years ago, my sister told me about the "haunted" house her husband grew up in (he believes it; so does she). During this narration, my JW mother kept whispering in terror, ".....demons.....demons......demons....." I kept turning open-mouthed in disbelief from one to the other. It was like being an extra in "The Exorcist."

• rebel8
    rebel8
    godzillas

rofl

How about Jeboobies? Zitnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit