Did anything stick?

by agapa37 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Asheron
    Asheron

The only useable thing that stuck was all the sales training at the Thursday night Sales.... umm... Theocratic Ministry School. I am a top salesman with a fortune 100 company. I can still remember the Elders counsel on "Overcomming Objections" I never understood why I was ranked like a deciple of Brian Tracey (Sales Guru) instead of one of Christ's.

Thanks Watchtower Bible and Tract Society !!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Did anything stick?

I can say no, nothing stuck. I've worked hard at becoming anti-witness in my thoughts and actions.

Views of people, the world in general, morality, blah blah blah. It has all changed.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes..........

"Do not put your trust in earthling men........" (which they are led by)

"They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are removed far from me........." (or something like that....suits 'em to a T)

"To the making of many books there is no end, etc., etc., etc........" (yep....that's them alright)

But the best of all is .........."Know the truth and the truth will set you free."

The reason it's the best is because I was NEVER free in the WT-BATS, but I am now.

Frannie

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

The only things that I learned as a witness that have stuck, are things I'm trying to get rid of; being judgmental, being easily distracted when I'm bored in a meeting, the constant need for approval...

Sorry, it's probably not what you're looking for.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I know that many who left the Organization left for there own reasons, which are interestingly similar. Is there anything (teaching) that stuck with them. I am mainly refering to the Princibles that are taught. Like our dealings with others. For instance maybe before we joined the Jws we were prejudice and through the teachings we over came that and became a better human. Maybe before we joined the Org we smoked cigs, but through the teachings we quit and started to feel a little healthier. Personal changes that made us a better person, things of that sort. Just curious.

Just because there may have been some changes that made us better people during our experience with the JWS and we recognize it and acknowledge it despite leaving ,doesnt mean we regret our desicion to leave.

Let's see....

Dealings with others - NO I found it impossible to shun my friends who were sinners like me and since Jesus didn't shun anyone, I didn't either.

Got over Prejudice - NO The many classes of people in the JW cult prohibits getting over Prejudices: GB member, DO, CO, Elder, MS, Pioneer, Weak ones, Strong in the truth, on restrictions, etc.

Personal changes - NO The only personal changes I ever saw in the jw cult was outward appearances.

Qiuit Smoking - NO I quit about 3 years before I joined the cult but I did start drinking a lot after I joined.

Sorry, Nothing stuck.

I'm just glad I woke up and escaped from the jw's because they serve and worship the Governing Body and not Jesus.

BTW, your posts remind me of another double-dipped, theocratically baked Super Dub who used to throw BS threads like this one out to see if he could entice exjw's back to the cult.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I slipped on ice and fell a few times in serviceā„¢, resulting in knee injuries. Those injuries will plague me for the rest of my life.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

In as far as beliefs are concerned, absolutely not.

A great deal of time has been spent breaking down my WTS cult mind set and I treasure my new found spiritual freedom.

A positive I took from my upbringing as a dub has to be the Theocratic Ministry School in terms of presentation and advocacy skills. Thanks to this I can stand up in court and in all confidence argue that wrong is right...and that right is wrong dependent upon whom I represent. For this I am eternally grateful.

As to whether it was worth my stolen childhood, that remains to be seen!

DB74

• lowden
    lowden

Hmmmmmm

Maaaybe the TMS taught me something with regard to standing up in front of people when i've had occasion to.

As for morals and being a good person, if you want to be a good person then you'll be one.

No big guy standing over me with a big stick is going to produce the real me.

Most people with half a brain can become good types without a religion telling them how to join the dots.

If that's how mankind is....If we need someone stood over us with a big stick before we'll be good, then we weren't much to shout about in the first place.....were we?

Peace

Lowden

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Too true. My friend used to say to me 'your good because you think god will destroy you if you arent. Im good because I believe in being good without the threat of being destroyed'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit