My Whole Life Seems Like A Fabrication

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

This board has been a gift to me for sure.its nice to know that there are so many others that have trodden the same path and have come to the same realization.stick around on the forum,itll make you laugh and sometimes make you get really quiet...these are pretty cool folks....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well you are well spoken, intelligent, have a great support system in your husband and I hope your brother and seem to have landed squarely on your feet post Hoho-dom. :) You will miss your family, you will hate your family, then hate the hohos then then start it all over for a long time. There aint NUTHIN any of us can do about this crap. Can you imagine if the Society suddenly opened their flood gates and let all this hatred of their ex members GO?? All the happy reunions??

They always showed us pictures of ressurections and families being united with their dead loved ones...and thats EXACTLY how it would be if they finally told their poor brow beat slaves that they could have their families back again...no questions asked, no strings attached to have and to hold from this day forward.

I hope I and you....live to see that day! Now go get busy having those BABIES!!!

:) Loves

• muslima
    muslima

Wellcome Catfish! As other friends have mentioned, you will find much comfort and solace on this board. I know I have. You have a recipe for sucess with your husband by your side - so get to it! Would you consider adopting a 47 year young daughter? <joking> lots of hugs :) Denise

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Welcome...it's nice to see you take the plunge and post!!! I hope you enjoy it here and make lots of worldly friends!!!

Swalker (Sorry about your family issues....the brainwashing continues...)

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Catfish!

• nsrn
    nsrn

Hey, Catfish! Glad to meet you! I'm so sorry your family is doing the "loving" thing and "pointing out your spiritual weaknesses". I keep trying to remember that our families are pawns of an organization--and being grateful that the cycle stops with us.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Catfish. If you like to fish, we have lots of large Catfish here in the snake river. Idaho by the way.

Many of us here have lived through some what, the same things as you describe. It is difficult and so unloving and impossible to really accept that our relatives can be so hateful towards us when we only changed our religious beliefs and have hurt no one.

A lot of the posters here have said that living a good-honest-caring-loving and helpful life.

Preparing for your future, educating your children, and making a good living is good for us and it really makes our relatives notice us. Maybe even causing them to think. If not, at least they can envy us.

Outoftheorg

• anewme
    anewme

Bravo Catfish Spirit!

Welcome to JWD!!!

Your story was very interesting and made me think. It is right to be mad about the ripoff we have experienced.

But it is wise to let it go too when you find yourself in a good space like you are in.

I like the advice you got to go have fun making babies and enjoy to the full your new exciting life!

Anewme

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!! Thanks for sharing your story. Going through losing your family due to telling them how your feel is tough and liberating all at the same time. It is awesome your hubby feels the same way. I thankfully have one of those to.

Best wishes on your new life with a career and the possibility of children.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi catfish, and welcome to the board.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit