The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    kid-A: ...rendered the significance of 1914 COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to the JW mythos.

Not so. They still need 1914 in order to "establish" their selection by Jesus 3.5 years later, because 1,260 days/42 months/3.5 times DOES NOT equal 1,260 years.

Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand! (1988) p. 164 par. 12 Reviving the Two Witnesses 12 The John class had to preach this message for a definitely stated time: 1,260 days, or 42 months, the same length of time that the holy city was to be trampled underfoot. This period seems to be literal, since it is expressed in two different ways, first in months and then in days. Additionally, at the beginning of the Lord’s day, there was a marked period of three and a half years when the hard experiences of God’s people matched the events prophesied here—starting from the outbreak of the first world war in the latter part of 1914 and continuing to the early part of 1918. (Revelation 1:10) They preached a “sackcloth” message concerning Jehovah’s judgment of Christendom and the world.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Do you assert that the 1,260 days of Revelation equates to 1,260 years, thirdwitness?

Revelation takes place in the Lord's day which began when Jesus became king in 1914 so unless the Lord's day is 1260 years long which I don't believe then the answer is no. The only thing Revelation does is helps us to see how long 7 times are. The reason for using a day for a year is given thoroughly in my blog. And you left out the day for a year used to calculate the arrival of the Messiah in the first century.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Infantile. Looks exactly like those posts from that guy who kept saying the Society HQ would be destroyed back in June. A long, rambling, incoherent mess that wouldn't even MEAN anything or have any practical value even if it WERE true. I bet the boys down in Brooklyn wish people like 3rdWitness would stay off their side.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Do you, thirdwitness, know how the date for the end of the 'gentile times' was calculated by your founding father, Mr Russell.

Yes, he used the works of others just as he did in showing there was no hellfire and God was not a Trinity etc. But it is irrlevant. Overcome my points. Not what Brother Russell has written. I'm sure you will now bring up the great Pyamid but the fact is that I don't believe in the Great Pyramid as being sacred and neither do JWs today. When we have seen something is wrong we willingly make the changes unlike Christendom's religions.

Since no one can show me where the reasoning I have presented is wrong then what can we conclude?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    thirdwitness: A lot of crying about how deep and complicated it is. God would not make things so complicated. Boo Hoo.

Your right its not complicated.Hey genius, you seem to have forgotten a small little fact that totally collaspes your belief in the Gentile times ending in 1914.

How do you explain Israel was still inhabited past 1914?

DOH!

Now stop perpetrating this nonsense.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

When someone actually addresses with substance what I have written I will respond. Addressing everything from Russell to Millerites to the king's list to going to the movies.........shows you have no arguments left.

I have factually shown from the Bible that Daniel 4 is about God's rulership and that such rulership would be trampled on for 7 times. I have used Ezek 17, 19, 21, Rev 12, Isa 6, all of the book of Daniel, and many other scriptures connecting trees, stumps, twigs etc to Jesus' kingship.

And no I couldn't have written it without the aid of the WT publications as they are the only religious publications in the world today that explain Bible truths. No wonder that they are the most widely circulated Bible publications in the world. That fits right in line with the fact that the Bible is the most widely distributed book in all the world.

Somehow I think the Lord may be involved. But thats another subject altogether.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Addressing everything from Russell to Millerites to the king's list to going to the movies.........shows you have no arguments left.

Kings list? Are you serious? Ive asked you in past threads to produce one, and what happened?

Sadly your just a lonely troll, that should be getting ready for a cult meeting, no?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

3rd Witness,you want everyone to use the bible on this thread..Then when it`s convienient for you,you break your own rule and quote from a Publication of the WBTS..You are dishonest..Even to yourself..Truth,is not within you..That is why you continue to get your ass kicked..You haven`t won a debate yet...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    As has been said before, the Bible interprets itself ...

That is precisely why I don't feel the need to listen to the interpretations of thirdwitness or his rabid watchtower cult. If I want to know what the bible says I can read it myself. It surprises me to see people like this routinely get the attention they seek.

W

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitness,

The fact that it takes you pages and pages to try and explain something so simple, and so necessary for the lives of billions of people should say it all. That this is a pile of crap issued from a publishing company unable to back step on fundimental statements of their old enthusiastic fortune tellers. However, I know that you would not be satisfied with that response.

So, here is the PROOF that mommies interpretation is wrong:

The seven times tree prophecy applies ONLY to king Neb. No one else. Daniel tells us so. Not the Watch Tower society, but Daniel. [edited to add]: The 'substance' is Daniel 4: 33 Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. There.

Proof.

Case closed.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit