It seems.......

by agapa37 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome

I am sort of new myself, so let me say if you need any help, there are some bright minds on this board that are always willing to assist and provide comfort.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome agape

Try not to take so personally. It's a complicated subject you know,.....

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    uptight and rude

I've never been called that before - well actually no, I have been called rude, but at the time I felt it was a compliment.

I endeavoured to respond to you kindly but truthfully. I shall know in future that neither quality suits me well and just say what i think in my usual uncouth and brutal manner!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Sorry, but nobody has been rude to you. Several of us have attempted to engage you in debate about certain biblical points and analyses you have presented in other threads. These attempts were all made in the spirit of exchange and interaction. At one point I merely asked you if you were an active JW, simply because I wanted to understand where you were coming from in your stated positions. Nothing rude about that at all. You chose to ignore my question, which in fact, is very rude. And you refused to answer several of the discussion questions posed to you by Ozzie, a long-time and well-respected member of the board and moderator.

I suggest you realize that this is a free discussion board. Discussion involves the presentation of various angles and viewpoints, not all of which you will like or agree with. Its a very different world here than in the kingdom hall. And there is a reason the watcthtower has advised active JWs not to frequent apostate message boards such as this one.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome, agapa37!!!

Now, to hijack your thread for a second:

uptight and rude

I've never been called that before - well actually no, I have been called rude, but at the time I felt it was a compliment.

I endeavoured to respond to you kindly but truthfully. I shall know in future that neither quality suits me well and just say what i think in my usual uncouth and brutal manner!

Crumpet, I always love your candid retorts responses. Like a breath of fresh air, they are. Back on topic: Agapa, if I offended you by suggesting that you chill, I meant no harm but I did mean what I said. The Watchtower Society has deceived so many and then if they find out they have been mislead the Watchtower puts them out on the curb where household refuse is picked up by the sanitation department.
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    that despite my sincere efforts of sincerity and honesty that most who interacted with me were rather uptight and rude. I really dont understand it. Forgive my babbling. The Titlte of this board say: and I quote... Jehovahs-witnesss discussion forum.co EVERYONE welcome! I have felt nothing but unwelcomed! Maybe that would explain in one of my topics a poster excitedly said..."OH someone new!" Whats the problem here?

Agapa37, where's the love in that comment? You sound like a spoiled brat, who thinks that everyone should respond to his questions with an "I agree"; anyone dare to differ and you're pissed. Discussion means to talk and to get responses. You may not like all of the responses. Either get used to it or make your own forum where you can kick anyone out that disagrees with what you say.

• KW13
    KW13

were a big mix of folks, sorry ya feel unwelcome - hope ya hang around, most of the people i've met are good

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

As has been said, if you want to post on discussion boards like this one, you need to develop a thick skin, because if you make a point that several posters disagree with, they will comment on it.

However, I don't feel that anyone has been particularly rude or unwelcoming to you anyway, perhaps a little blunt maybe, but no more than that. On your bible thread, you asked us if we had any thoughts, and we conveyed them to you, some positive, many, like me, negative.

May I ask, agapa, are you currently an active jehovahs witness? Kid -A aked you this on your previous thread, but you didn't respond. I'm not judging you on that, I gave up judging people when I gave up being a jw , and maybe you didn't see the question. One thing to remember though, if you are still an active jw is that the majority of posters on here are either ex jws or faders. Some are now agnostic or even, like myself, atheist. We no longer trust the bible or find any comfort from reading it, so if someone posts a thread promoting the virtues of the bible they should expect a negative response, to say the least, from some posters.

Linda

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Agapa37, I don't recall if I have welcomed you yet or not. I try to welcome all the newbies when I see them, there are just so many it isn't possible unless one stays online 24 hrs a day.

Any way, welcome to the forum and please do not take my sarcasms in many of my responses seriously, I am just sarcastic sometimes, especially when it comes to interpreting scriptures, and no offense is intended.

plum

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Agape:

Let me assure you that JWD is a welcoming place - as I'm sure you realised when you were lurking, eh?

It seems that your comments refer to a thread you started here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118698/1.ashx You started that thread with a short post listing 3 scripture texts you found comforting and you asked for comments. Fine! Some posters pointed out that they didn't find those texts of comfort at all. You asked for comments - was it wrong for people to actually give them??

For my part, I saw a misapplication of scripture, i.e. Revelation 21:4,5; in fact, I saw straight away part of dub teaching. To use that text as you did was a misrepresentation of Bible truth. I pointed out the reasons here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118698/2087952/post.ashx#2087952 You chose not to respond (because you knew you couldn't?) - yet it was on your own thread!!

Now you have the gall to start another thread written in a (familiar) superior tone, with words like this:

that despite my sincere efforts of sincerity and honesty that most who interacted with me were rather uptight and rude.
    May I refer you to your own words here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118698/2087363/post.ashx#2087363
    If you are a student of the Bible you should know that to understand the bible we need to consider subjects in content.

So to wriggle out of a situation you retort "If you are a student of the Bible, etc" Actually I am a student of the Bible but that's beside the point; you can't pretend that you are above the very words you decry yourself. To do so would make you a hypocrite.

Now my own challenge to you about those "comforting" texts was done in the sincere hope that you would examine with "sincerity and honesty" (your words) what you had written.

It's not too late for you to start.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit