It is that simple!!

by Rooster 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Twitch
    Twitch

No, I don't think anything is that simple anymore,...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

In the Christian framework it's just that simple. If you don't like it then try some other framework, but don't disparage it just because it doesn't work for you.

James/StartingOver:

Personally, I can not honestly and with a true heart, honor and believe in a deity that will kill me if I do not. I can not honor, worship and believe in a god with morals lower than my own. It's simple. I just can't do it.

Where does it say that if you don't believe in Christ he'll kill ya?

I've hunted through that book and just can't find it. Are you taking a holdover from the JWs "armageddon theory"?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Honestly Rooster,

Do you have any independent thoughts or are you just capable of cutting and pasting english translations of ancient texts written thousands of years ago in the middle east by the Jesus fanclub?

Frankly, this sort of proselytizing is no better than a jehovahs witness parrotting some watchtower verses whilst trying to shove their belief system down my throat....

Ever considered the possibility that YOU are wrong? And the jews or hindus or muslims or ba-hais or buddhists or wiccans or satanists or Neptune worshippers may be right?

• Rooster
    Rooster

Rooster, it may help to stop eating the menu, and instead feast upon the food (we're having chicken).

• Rooster
    Rooster

Ever considered the possibility that YOU are wrong? And the jews or hindus or muslims or ba-hais or buddhists or wiccans or satanists or Neptune worshippers may be right?

I thought I was wrong one time but I wasn't. So was I wrong for thinking that I was wrong?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing, YOU may have life by means of his name.

A concept that seems lost on the4 average Dub.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    Honestly Rooster,

Do you have any independent thoughts or are you just capable of cutting and pasting english translations of ancient texts written thousands of years ago in the middle east by the Jesus fanclub?

I can cut and quote what you have said.. Does that count?

• vitty
    vitty

I think Jesus message was very simple....................................that was till paul got involved and made EVERTHING complicated

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Shazard:

God in Christ died for ALL not for some men.

If ALL, honestly and truly means ALL, if there are no conditions or stipulations, then what's the problem with not accepting Jesus? It becomes a moot point, doesn't it?

Perhaps, the problem is this, Shazzard and Ross:

John 3: 36: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

It seems childishly simple as to what this means: Believe in me, accept me, or you're very screwed. Imagine a firefighter entering a burning building and before he helps anyone to safty he demands to be honored as their mighty savior. It doesn't happen; all that can be saved are saved because all that matters is bringing the unfortunate to safety. There's no self-serving need for ego boost or self aggrandizement; as found in the needy and limited Bible god.

So, is man, in some ways, more psychologically healthy and morally sound than God? Or is it that the Bible god is an extremely limited and diminutive concept? My bet is on the latter, that it is our miserly interpretations and anthropomorphic images which are lacking. Certainly, the true Source of an INFINITE universe is vastly more than the familiar little man-gods described within the pages of a book. This does not mean we are not free to embrace a shrunken idea of god which we can hold in our minds and cherish. However, the cost of such may be it blinds us to what is infinitely more. It may numb us to That which truly unites us one and all, rather than divide us and motivate enmity.

Please know that I am not attempting to offend or belittle anyone here; it is our beliefs which I find lacking and harmful. We are not our beliefs.

j

• Rooster
    Rooster

36 He that believes in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.

HMMM.. Just obey the son. What did ask us to do?. Love our neighbor as ourself. How hard is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit