It is that simple!!

by Rooster 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agapa37
    agapa37

You would be suprised that the same explaination you gave is the same that the wt provides on that script. Did you learn that from them?

• anewme
    anewme

Ok I lied. I didnt come up with my brilliant new faith myself............my dog gave it to me.
    Hes been sort of "witnessing" to me in his own way, subtly sometimes, openly and obviously at other times.
    Im telling you, he should count his time! I could not refute his personal testimony and dogged or implicit faith in the supreme being. He doesnt doubt God's existence or authority at all. I must say I admire him so much and I guess secretly I have wished to imitate his simple faith.
    So there you have it. The truth.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    Aug 16, 2006
    Thats were the difficulty may arise.

This is the problem that the 1st century Jews had. It couldn’t be that simple there had to be more. Why look at all the rules we lived by and now you are saying just believe? No there has to be more. More I tell you. Where is Johnny so we can circumcise him?

• Warlock
    Warlock

No matter how you read it, the FACT is, the gift of everlasting life is just that, a FREE gift. We cannot work for it, because it's FREE.

Somehow, that point was rarely emphasized from the platform. When that point was included in a Watchtower Study, it seemed to be kind of glossed over. Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder why?

Warlock

• startingover
    startingover

JT:

Personally, I can not honestly and with a true heart, honor and believe in a deity that will kill me if I do not. I can not honor, worship and believe in a god with morals lower than my own. It's simple. I just can't do it.

I can't do it either, and I don't think it's because I'm mistaken about something. Great comment!!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Rooster:

"YOU are mistaken, because YOU know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God;

No, I am not mistaken. It is unquestionably, undeniably and unequivocally clear within my heart of hearts that I can not honestly, truly and sincerely accept and worship a concept of a god that is in many ways less than most people; just because a "holy" book tells me to. There are many people who have given their life to save strangers, and many more who will (you may be one); yet, your idea of God is so morally small and limited as to demand payment of acceptance and honor before it acts. Do you think, Rooster, that it is more likely God who is truly so limited and inadequate, or mans religious beliefs which are lacking?

Rooster, it may help to stop eating the menu, and instead feast upon the food (we're having chicken). Take your head out of your Bible and step into the reality of life in and around you, and discover the unending Source of your own (and all) being and existence

j

• startingover
  • parakeet
    parakeet

***But these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God***
    It would be a whole lot more simple if I saw some of these miracles for myself, and not have to take the word of someone who wrote something down 2,000 years ago.
    If the performing of miracles was the key for the apostles and others to believe in Jesus, why should we today be expected to accept anything less? They got miracles; we get paper and ink. BIG difference!

• Shazard
    Shazard

Interesting thing about this scripture is that it applies to John Gospel and what it says is that John Gospel is sufficient to gain ethernal life. So actually you can take single John Gospel and get saved, no Revelation needed, no other books, just this. So the book can be used as very base to explain all other books. Actually Luke 1:1-4 claims similar. So books of John and Luke are the very foundation of interpretating all other scriptures. So basic "rule" of interpretation is very simple, if something simple and clear is stated in these two books, then don't seek other explanation. Most funny part is that both of the books describes Jesus fleshy ressurection. So all the other scriptures should be explained in this light. What cults and JW in particular doo is exactly oposite. They take the base of interpretation from Revelation and book of Daniel, coz these are most symbolic, allegoric books and you can read in your own thoughts without changin text. It is very practical then to apply your interpretation to such celar messages as gospels and epistles. And this is the hat trick what JW can do in front of your eyes and you will not notice.

• Shazard
    Shazard

James, James James...

>It is unquestionably, undeniably and unequivocally clear within my heart of hearts that I can not honestly, truly and
    >sincerely accept and worship a concept of a god that is in many ways less than most people;

Is it less? Where do you get this from?

> There are many people who have given their life to save strangers, and many more who will (you may be one); yet, your idea
    >of God is so morally small and limited as to demand payment of acceptance and honor before it acts.

Don't you know that what we (christians) teach is "that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation."
    What you see in some particular man, you do not notice in God. God in Christ died for ALL not for some men. So what you see as moral good, you deliberatly miss in Christ. If you want to know God, get to know Christ. Show what is immoral and wrong in Christ? If you can't find it, then claim whay he is not worthy to follow and listen? Do you know somebody better then Christ?

>Rooster, it may help to stop eating the menu, and instead feast upon the food (we're having chicken). Take your head out of
    >your Bible and step into the reality of life in and around you, and discover the unending Source of your own (and all)
    >being and existence

What you are saying is - dont look on Christ, he is not good example, look upon men, they are better. Well I would suggest you to step out of your dream and look upon the world and see what men have done to the world and still claims they are morally better then Christ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit