COFFINS in the Kingdumb hall.....

by kid-A 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I went to meetings from 1952 to 1983 I never saw a coffin in a Kingdom hall. I thought they just had memorial services with out caskets.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I've been to a lot of jw funerals, and I've never seen a coffin at the hall. The last few years I was in, all but one of the funerals were held in the chapel at the local Crematorium instead of the kh.

• vitty
    vitty

In the Uk you NEVER have an open coffin during the funeral, you have to go to the funeral home to view the person (I dont want anyone seeing me dead thankyou)

I know its common in the US for an open casket but in Britain its always closed..............thankgod

• vitty
    vitty

And I think its a common thing NOT to have the coffin in the hall, sort of deniel that the person is really ..............................................dead......coffin.....dead person........... .yuck........not natural............dont face up to death,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Gordy
    Gordy

All the years 1971-2001 I was a JW every funeral had the coffin in the Kingdom Hall.

From there it went to the crematorium and another short service was held in the non-denominational chapel.

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

I remember closed caskets in the kh as a kid, with some open at a funeral home only and it didn't seem highly looked upon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I was a kid my mom took me to every JW funeral in the area..She would say:"Look at those people,thier dead(yeah like that was news..LOL!)Your going into the New World.You`ll never die"..Now,my Dad is dead,my mom is an old woman and my children are adults..I`ve seen enough dead Jehovah`s Witness`s to fill a Kingdom Hall..Dosen`t look any different than a bunch of live ones sitting at the meeting..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The last memorial I attended (i.e. funeral) attended by jdubs, One jdub gave the talk, recruitment speech whatever you want to call it, and then when the family got up to eulogize their mom, sister, etc. Most all of the jdubs got up and left right as that started. I had never seen anything so cruel, they did leave an impression on her family, the impressed them that witnesses were the most awfully insensitive people they had ever met and had absolutely no manners whatsoever. i called several of them and asked why they left and they suggested that the elders at their local hall had intimated that if they stayed and something untoward was said that they would be supporting it. Talk about people who can't think for themselves well thats the witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

I have only seen a closed coffin a few times in a KH in this area. I think it depends on the laws in the area and/or the wishes of the family. Not every church funeral has the coffin in the church either.

The fact that others here post they have had coffins in the KH, it seems to be whatever is the custom is in that area rather than a directive from the WTS forbidding coffins in the KH.

Blondie

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Never saw a coffin in ANY kingdom hall I attended a memorial service.

Actually memorial services at a kingdom hall seems to be a newer thing around here, in the past 5 or 6 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit