Have you made what you consider to be life-long friends here?

by Crumpet 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

I would LOVE to attend an Apostafest here in southern California! There are people here I would very much enjoy metting IRL and becoming friends. I have never visited another message board with so many people whose companionship and friendship I consider worthwhile.

MM

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, most definitely yes. Which causes my daughter no end of consternation, "How do you know they are not axe-murderers, mom?" I do think you can build a fairly reliable profile of someone through text alone. In fact, I think you have a chance to know their inner workings faster than if you met them face-to-face.

It's kind of funny, meeting an internet friend in person for the first time, to get used to their mannerisms, facial expression, timing, and pattern of speech. Accents surprise me. In my mind, they sound just like me.

Though people do try to deceive through the internet, it's harder to keep the lies straight over time than they may think.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I've only signed on to this site since June, I've had a few private messages that's all. However I know more about you guys on the forum than any jw's in the congregations that I served in for 15 years. Yet none of you know me at all. I've got to tell my story eventually and post more.

We are waiting in eager anticipation to hear your story....well I am. You are quite local to me actually, do you think you will make it to the Manchester Apostacurry sometime this Autumn? DB74

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    I dont know what you mean to me either LRG - but I did dream about you once remember?

Crumpet:

It is so nice to know that people think about you and you are in their thoughts (in a good way anyway); I do know that people here, including myself, cannot help but form a bond with others here after having experienced some of the same things we have experienced being JWs.

LRG

• vitty
    vitty

No. ......................but if I met anyone face to face who knows

but I do trust ppl here more than I did face to face at the hall................now that is saying something

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I met six posters from this board at a little dinner in Chicagoland last winter.

Although we have not met face to face again since then, I would welcome any of them into my home at anytime. Many more I would like to meet - some I communicate with emails and Xmas cards. Some share personal stories with me and I prize their trust in my like a friend. SOme others I have found that walked the same trails [congregations, circuit assemblies, etc], but just never made a face to face then.

Distance and time seems to be the enemy of personal relationships with many of them. I suppose part of the thing is your definition of 'friends'. There are levels, but I consider many of them someone I would have in my direct personal life if they lived in my neighborhood.

Jeff

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI ironhead, I look forward to reading your story when you're ready to post it.

I haven't met anyone here. Maybe one day.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Yes, its a great feeling too!!!

purps

• lola28
    lola28

Yes, I have become very fond of so many here.

Pressy my internet father (:

Crumpet- I'd like to have a sister like you!

My BFF- love him more than a fat kid loves cake and so many others here, you have all been so great to me, I don't know what I would have done without you.

Lola

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I enjoy the variety of personalities here, and really hope to meet face to face someday . Maybe next year I will be able to travel to a few Apostafests the ones in Wisconsin , or Indiana are not to far from me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit