Baptized July 05. Left Dec 05.

by Moomin 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wonder what ths shortest time in the org is. There was one old man in our congregation. He was a study of one of the elders, baptized, and after baptism came to one or two meetings and never came again.

I think he just could not say no to the study conductor. It was easier to get baptized than to confront the elder with his doubts.

• done4good
    done4good

Welcome Moomin!

I'm fairly certain that's a record. It took me 18 years.

j

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Moomin,

You say, "I was always determined that someday soon I would go back and really work hard at learning about God and the Bible." For ten years you lived as you wished, but in the back of your mind you were still influenced by your childhood Witnoid infection period. Technically you were only in a few months, but in reality you wore the noose around your neck for some time.

Glad you jumped ship.

W.Once

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Congratulations! I know of a case where someone themselves a few months after baptism. The individual learned about the df'ing arrangement and decided they wanted no part of this cult.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome to Moomin ! You are a fast learner , like others it took me many years to come to that conclusion ..

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board Moomin!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Moomin,

Welcome to the forum. we are glad to have you here. Thank you for sharing your story. I am glad you got out as soon as you did.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Welcome, Moomin! Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like the JW's over-aggressive approach with you contributed to your quick turn-around. Good! You have saved yourself much heartache.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Thanks LittleToe and yes I have named myself after the animation. I do resemble a small hippo on occassion, especially when seated.

NewYork44M - I can understand how the old man must have felt. I was having serious second thoughts the week beforehand and wanted to postpone it but was too scared to say anything. So I just put my feelings down to Satan's influence and went ahead with it.

WasenelderOnce - During my 10 years away from it, I wasn't aware of the generation change and I was still confidently telling my friends how those that witnessed 1914 will still be alive when the end comes. I had lots of heated discussions with a boyfriend about why I will never need a pension.

truthsetsonefree - I remember the lady who I got lifts with to the meetings told me that she doesn't speak to her daughter anymore but said she'll tell me why another time. I thought that she meant when she gets to know me better as a friend or when its less painful to talk about but no, she waited until I was baptized and then explained that it was because her daughter was df and she had to shun her.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I remember the lady who I got lifts with to the meetings told me that she doesn't speak to her daughter anymore but said she'll tell me why another time. I thought that she meant when she gets to know me better as a friend or when its less painful to talk about but no, she waited until I was baptized and then explained that it was because her daughter was df and she had to shun her.

Cunningly manipulative and deceptive, eh? Like a serpent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit