Went to a Public Talk and WT Study, after about 5 yrs away.

by frankiespeakin 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Easy answer, nsm.

Who says 30 is old??????

Twenty-somethings, of course. My perception of old keeps creeping upwards. Now I think eighty looks old.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

My saying that there were no young ones and that everybody there was 30 and beyond, was not to imply that 30 is old, I was merely saying that because the WT was about youth(teenagers and younger). I think there was one or two in attendance, that being the case the WT was a huge waste of time.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Frankie, why did you go to the meeting?????

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Married women don't mind being found attractive ... - reneeisorym

Renee,

I think paying a married lady a compliment: telling her that she is attractive or joking that it is a pity she is married is VERY DIFFERENT from brashly asking her out to on a date and contemplating what sexual education she migh be lacking.

If the JW sister found it flattering would she have told frankie TWICE that she was a married woman? Why didn't she laugh with him or give him a friendly punch on the shoulder? His narrative suggests that the sister was rather alarmed AND NOT AMUSED by his suggestion.

I see no need to lighten up when such behaviour isn't funny. One does not give a positive twist to "sleaze" when the very action was intentionally sleazy. That was no comedy act. Frankie confessed he would have bonked her had she given him the chance.

INQ

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

the,

Frankie, why did you go to the meeting?????

Just woke up and had an urge to go so I went. A little backround: The last time I went to a meeting was after I got df'd for apostacy, they were so pissed off at me, because when they told me that if I go to meeting I'm not to talk to anybody to which I told them: "I will talk to anybody I want" Well they were so disturbed by my presents they told me to leave, I said no (mind you I was quiet and did not disturb the meeting, I only raised my hand to comment which really got them pissed and I talked to people that did not know I was df'd). They asked me to leave or they would call the cops which they did. So to make a long story short I felt like going to play the part of an interest person and see what developed. I may go again since this sister invited me back.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

INQ,

I think paying a married lady a compliment: telling her that she is attractive or joking that it is a pity she is married is VERY DIFFERENT from brashly asking her out to on a date and contemplating what sexual education she migh be lacking.

Asking some one to explain the Bible over coffee is not a date. Lighten up.

• earthtone
    earthtone

INQ,

We were just joking around. You are taking this way to seriously.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I guess my sense of humour is more conservative compared to most posters on this thread. That's why we don't agree.

Here's a question for you married ladies: Would you still be amused if a JW elder you didn't know, approached you when you are by yourself, asked you out to coffee to *talk to you about the Bible* when you sense he has more than just the Bible in mind?

Then again, perhaps you would. So I'll just leave it at that. I'm tired of defending a lady's decency.

INQ

• okie46
    okie46

"""or cliteral stimulation""" silly frankie, it is "clitoral"

• Princess
    Princess

I agree with Inquisitor. I think it was inappropriate and he behaved badly on purpose showing a lack of respect for her marriage.

Here's a question for you married ladies: Would you still be amused if a JW elder you didn't know, approached you when you are by yourself, asked you out to coffee to *talk to you about the Bible* when you sense he has more than just the Bible in mind?

There was an elder in my old congo who constantly made inappropriate comments regarding my dress and figure. I was 25 and he was 60 something. It creeped me out and pissed me off that I had to spend two hours avoiding him three times a week. My husband told him to leave me alone and quit with the comments. He did.

It's one thing to get a sincere compliment. Another entirely to be hit on by someone who is just playing his own stupid game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit