Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on 60 Minutes last night

by Jourles 27 Replies latest social current

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

It was an interview!!!! How can an interview be termed propaganda? One might say that the Iranian prez. was promoting facts that one might classify as false, or twisted logic or overt rhetoric, dancing around the issues and so forth or not answering questions frankly and directly and honestly, but an interview itself can not be termed propaganda. Actual references must always be supplied to make such a point. Always!

Further, only someone who does not know the meaning of propaganda can say this. Propaganda according to Websters is "any systematic, widespread dissemination and promotion of particular ideas... to further one's own cause or to damage an opposing one" Def. 3 adds the conotation of deception though obviously propaganda in its original sense does not necessarily need to have that element as it is a derivative of the word "propagate."

So, now we have a situation where EVERYTHING is propaganda because every time you open your mouth or type on these pages you are promoting and disseminating your ideas and down playing opposing ideas. But in the case of an interview, the Prez was answering questions NOT GIVING A LECTURE. He was not in any way framing the debate. So as a receiver of questions, I found his replies open and honest, as honest as you could expect from a politician, and he obviously has an intellect far superior to our dumb clod president's.

So now to this quote from some other clod above:
    "I gotta go with bush this guy is a crazy terrorist..."

Now here is a great example of a flat out ad hominem/non sequitor and therefore false, illogical and off topic. Calling someone a name is ad hominem because it is labeling the person, calling them a name, instead of addressing the actual points at hand. It is also non sequitor because the questions being begged are: "IS the Iranian a crazy terrorist? What is crazy? What is a terrorist? (This is probably the most important question of our time. Is a terrorist everyone who is against the US or can the US itself act like a terrorist by invading sovreign nations, dropping an A bomb on Heroshima causing dozens of civil wars over the last century for the sole purpose of installing governments that promote US business interests...) Exactly what actions or proclamations has the Iranian made that put him squarely and indisputably in the category of crazy terrorist. Making nuclear weapons? Well, we do that so then we are just as much terrorists as him unless you want to install a double standard, which is what most Americans arrogantly do."

Personally I think that the term terrorist should be stricken from all journalistic narratives because of the simple fact that it is always subjective to the speaker or the country the speaker is from, is it not? Therefore to use the term terrorist is to commit the ad hominem logical fallacy and to break with journalistic integrity. It is much the same as the WT calling ex members "apostates." Another example is the US campaign of "Shock and AWE." Remember that one? What is SHOCK and AWE if not TERROR? So, the US, IN THEIR OWN WORDS are committing terrorism!

Shawn

Oh and the other ignorant thing written above (see, I just ad hommed!) is that the American media is slanted towards the Islamic cause. This is exactly the opposite of the truth. The media owned by GE and many other pro-American-War intertests are astoundingly sided with a Pro-Israel slant, it is in their interests to do so. Do you have a specific account of the wrongly labeled "liberal" media has made to specifically promote an Islaamic slant? Names. dates and actual quotes please.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Oh, and I have got to meet face to face with Mr. SC, xjw4ever above, so this is an official invitation to meet in person and talk some politics. My number is 562-225-5928. Give me a call anytime. I'm in CA, in Long Beach actually and if you go to SC then you are too. So lets rap.
    Shawn

• TopHat
    TopHat

From the interview the Iranian President said this:

"Please tell me, are the Lebanese inside the occupied lands right now or is it the other way around, that the Zionist troops are in Lebanese territory?" Ahmadinejad replied. "Lebanon is defending its independence. We are not at all happy with war. That is why on the first day we condemned these recent — conflict. And we asked for an immediate cease fire."

My question is: If Hezbolie does NOT want Israelis in Lebanon then why the hell did they cross over to Israel and kidnap 2 of them to take to Lebanon?? Should'nt he THINK before he speaks. He's dummer than Bush! LOL

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TopHat,

My question is: If Hezbolie does NOT want Israelis in Lebanon then why the hell did they cross over to Israel and kidnap 2 of them to take to Lebanon?? Souldn't he THINK before he speaks.

Well, because last time that they did this they were successful in exchanging the kidnapped soldiers for many imprisoned members, including I believe, women and children and bodies of fallen comrades. This time they miscalculated as they were being faced with a much weaker Israeli government.

He's dummer than Bush! LOL

Well they are both dummer than each other, I suspect that they both let religion do their thinking for them.

HS

• anewme
    anewme

Three dogdamn religions are fueling this confrontation! I hate religion!!

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy
    He seems like a very smart man - not the evil dictator that Bush paints him as.

This is an interesting comment. If you were to study the history of the 1930's, there were a number or journalists, as well as world leaders (i.e. Neville Chamberlain) who visited Hitler and came back saying very similar things, that he was smart, charming, etc, and not what the critics said he was.

• Gill
    Gill

As soon as any world leader starts talking about his Imaginary Friend (God) you know for sure you're dealing with a NUT job. Start worrying! (If you haven't already!)

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Well, because last time that they did this they were successful in exchanging the kidnapped soldiers for many imprisoned members, including I believe, women and children and bodies of fallen comrades. This time they miscalculated as they were being faced with a much weaker Israeli government.

Why is Israel holding imprisoned members now....Did Isarel go over the border to Lebanon and take them prisoner? I mean before this last war started!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit