Okay anyone up to helping me walk through this ?

by troubled mind 22 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Okay I've been fading for eight months . I do wedding photography and this coming weekend I am scheduled to do a witness wedding from my former hall . They booked last year before my fade, and surprisingly have not dropped me . Can you imagine though, I'm going to be surrounded all day with fake smiles and knives in my back . Anyone want to volunteer as my assistant for the day ?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi Troubled,

Sorry to hear about your dilema. what part of the country are you in?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Illinois . Come on any photography assistants out there .....it would be awesome to have a sidekick . Really just some moral support from you all would be great . Prepare me with some come backs for the expected comments ...

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

The best thing you can do is show them how great you are doing since "fading".

JW's think your life goes down the toilet once you leave the org. Make sure you let them know how happy you are, how good your business is doing, how wonderful your family is.

Oh, and - no FAKE smiles from you. You don't have to fake being happy anymore!!

BB

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Darn it! I live in Indiana.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings troubled mind

I've DJayed many a witness wedding as I was fading. The dubs treated me fine. My advice is to just be professional and treat that job the same as you would any other.

Dismembered

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My bf is a keen photographer, but we're in the UK, otherwise.....

I hope it goes well for you TM. Maybe the best way to handle it would be just to go in, do a professional job as I'm sure you will, and brush off any snide comments. Don't retaliate, that just encourages them.

Good luck!

Linda

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I wish I could honey, since I am a wedding florist. (starting up my business again)

I would be there in a heart beat, but however I made other commitments with a apostafest in WI on the 19th.

What part of IL are you from? My father/family is from Waukegan area.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Indiana is not that far !!!! As far as the successful business .....well ummmm most of my clients were witnesses so this past few months I have been starting over .The church down the street have been very helpful though !

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thanks whyamihere..... I would rather be at the apostafest . If it were any other KH group it wouldn't bother me so much . It's just these are the people I grew up with, and lived with the past 27 years . It is a small town so you know everyones business unfortunately. I guess I'm not totally over the fact that my so called friends dropped me like a hot potato once I stopped attending meetings. I promise to be a professional though but I'm afraid the smiles from me will be just as fake as theirs are to me . Except when someone asks me if I miss the meetings, then a big full smile with a hearty NOPE !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit