Just joined

by pat1 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Hi Pat1

I was in Queensland for some years and now moved south , we were near Caboolture

Hope you get encouragement here you have had a difficult time ,and family pain is terrible as a JW or exJW

Steve

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome to the forum Pat. There are many here who share similar stories as you. Keep reading and know that we're here for you to vent and express yourself.

As far as advice goes, if my father had cancer and may pass way I would write cards and letters even if my father wanted nothing to do with me and my family agreed. I may not do it just for them, but also for myself. For the peace of mind that I would feel about doing the right thing in the face of their injustice and lack of real love.

Good luck Pat.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome pat1

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Pat & Welcome!

If your dad is dying of cancer, I'd bet he would be willing to speak to you. There's WT mags that state JWs can speak to DF'd ones for necessary family business. I would think that health problems would qualify. You might need to remind them of that when you contact them. I would put the effort into trying to reestablish contact at this point.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome pat1

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

• belbab
    belbab

Hi Pat1,

You say: I haven't prayed for seven years.

Your first post here is a prayer!

I can relate to your plight, I bin there!

In your post it seems you maintain your love for God and the Bible.

Then remember this text: Truly I say to you YOU men, No one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news who will not get a hundredfold now in this period of time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields, with persecutions, and in the coming system everlasting life. However many that are first will be last, and the last first. (Mark 10:29-31)

Jehovah's Witnesses claim they are first. You have been castigated as the last, as scum to be thrown out as refuse. You have become such in their eyes because you have done it for the sake of doing what is right, that is for the sake of the good news. Eventually, through you, some or all of your family may be liberated from the harsh regime of the Watchtower. Right now, you may be last in their eyes. It may be, sooner or later, that you will become first.

In the meantime, your sincere petition, has been answered, suddenly, in this period of time, and through this message board, and those you may be able to meet in Australia, you will find many new friends, to take the place in your heart, temporarily, to replace your estranged family.

belbab

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Welcome Pat1. We all look forward to getting to know you better. We have a special "family" here!

(((((Pat1)))))

shelley

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi Pat1 and welcome! Your'e obviously another poor person who is suffering because of the stupid wts doctrine, is there any way you can feel you can contact your dad, even if its just by letter, and tell him all you've posted to us on here.At least then you will know that you've tried to get in touch with him, and whatever happens he will know just how much you still care for him.X

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Hi Pat, I cant imagine what it must be like for you because I was fortunate enough to leave the religion without a huge loss of family.

But I do feel an enormous amount of empathy for you, and im so sorry for what you are going through. If you stick around here you will get some kind words and maybe some encouragement.

I would definately contact your dad. Just because they are shunning you doesnt mean you have to shun them. Just write as if you are not shunned (it takes two to play the guilt game). You have done nothing wrong except follow your honest beliefs.

If they still choose to shun you, although it will hurt you will know that you have done everything in your power to heal the breach they created. And you might be able to take some comfort from the fact that at least you acted in a truly chrisian way during your dads illness.

Worst case scenario - they continue to shun you (no change there then, and no worse that what is already happening.

Middling case scenario - they shun you but their consciences are pricked.

Best case scenario - someone in the family over rides the rules and goes with their feelings of family love and replies to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit