DID THE ANIMALS WILLINGLY GO INTO THE ARK WITH NOAH?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In the spirit of badboy's threads, I too must ask this question. Do you think the animals resisted Noah and is it possible that a stubborn donkey or sneaky snake tried not to follow the admonition to get into the ark of salvation?

• Undecided
    Undecided

Haven't you see the pictures where they stood in line, two by two, just waiting to go into the ark?

Ken P.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Of course they did. They wanted to live, and Noah was organised to accomplish their salvation.

• dobbie
    dobbie

didn't some of the animals go in sevens as well or it it my dodgy memory

• blondie
    blondie

You are correct, dobbie. The Bible account does say that 7 of the clean animals (or 14 depending on how some read it) went into ark. That explains why Noah could sacrifice a sheep immediately after leaving the ark without ending the sheep line. BTW, WTS illustrations do show 7 of the clean animals.

Blondie

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Of course, there were "apostate" animals which would not submit to the authority of Gods organization on Earth at that time, and refused to cooperate with the "faithful and discreet slave" (Noah). As a result, the line of unicorns, gryphons, dragons, and chimeras came to a dead end at the time of the Flood, which explains why these are no longer with us today : )

• dobbie
    dobbie

thanks blondie can't believe i've actually retained something!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no - the polar bears had to be tempted in with a nice juicy seal pup

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I think some of the animals were too traumatized by the sight of a drunk and naked Noah to make it anywhere near him let alone into the ark. (you didn't really buy the sanitized version of how Noah merely developed the drinking habit in his later years did you?)

gaiagirl,

Thank you for finally exposing the truth about the demise of unicorns, gryphons, dragons and the like. I guess those magical beasts should have seen it coming: trying to get into an ark that strictly forbids the dabbling in magic of any sort.

INQ

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

...As we can see, brothers, if Jehovah can use a donkey to talk (see balaam) then he would be able to wave his magic wand and get some animals onto a giant boat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit