144K. Were they just the really crazy ones?!? How did they get the call?

by Sailor Ripley 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i went last time and a nutty sister took of the elblems while sobbing very loudly her daughter shouted at her not to do it and she shouted back 'i just have to'

since, ive heard that everyione thinks she a nutcase but noone can question her coz she reckons shes got the feeling!!! even elders have slagged her off which really they shouldnt do coz you never know the spirit may be telling her she is!!!!

how mad is it all,

i started a thread a couple of months ago about what is the reason the jws dont partake i know what they say but if you think about it its like they are saying no thanks to jesus after he died for us and told us to do it.

what do you guys think?

• heathen
    heathen

They don't believe the great crowd are in the christian covenant that the apostles and spiritual Israel are in . Alot of things about the occasion just don't add up to me . They make it out to be a solemn occasion but then pretend it's not for them anyway . :>? It's just another day they can pretend there is increase in interested ones in their magazines . Kinda gives the dubbys the idea they are saving souls and can continue working hard to do so . The apostle Paul wrote that if you were not going to participate in it then stay home . I think it very strange how they pass the wind and bread around like that and nobody eats or drinks to me it's like idolotry .

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Personally I don't think women qualify but I do know the usual explanation is they simply feel close to God

I know a woman who partakes J. H. been of the annointed class her whole life.

There was a lot of gossip surrounding it though.

I know I took some newly interested ones to the kh and was actually

embarrasing the lunacy of passing the wine and bread and just looking at it like it

was some kind of weird ritual.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I knew a couple of women who partook of the emblems. One was my grandma and the other was my mothers special pioneer partner. The special pioneer had a hart attack at the memorial and died that night.

Ken P.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

heathen

there's nothing like somebody that isn't one claiming they know the requirements for being one

so true.

Blondie

Actually, if you had been a member of the WTS (Bible Student) between 1879 and up to 1930, most likely everyone in the congregation would have been anointed and partaking at the Memorial.

Probably even much later then that in many places. I wasn’t born yet so I have no memory of it, but my grandmother use to partake in the 30’s and maybe even into the 40’s. I don’t know when she stopped, but my mother never stopped. There was a time when both my mother and grandmother were partaking, my grandmother stopped but my mother continued. This would have been well into the 30's. Late 30's at least.

I couldn't say one way or another if my mom is really anointed or just thinks she is or just wants to be. Lately if I HAD to guess I would guess no but what do I know. Her entire congregation believes she is anointed including the PO and his wife, they've told me so. She has slipped into Alzheimer’s pretty deep the past few years and not a whole lot of anything makes much sense when it comes to her behavior other then illness. However, there was a time when she seemed to be sharp enough to even break away from the society. I remember many times her showing her disgust toward the GB and the things they would "feed" to the congregations. I think she must have believed the screw-ups from Brooklyn were part of bible prophecy. She would excuse them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

delusions of grandeur

noun : a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I heard a story some years ago of someone attending the memorial at one of the other congregations around here who, when the wine got to him, he drained the glass and said "cheers". He had been invited by his jw neighbours, who were appalled at what he had done, having told him beforehand how matters were conducted. I can't swear to the story being true as I wasn't there, but it's an amusing thought if it is, and I guess he would have to be put down as a "partaker", though I didn't hear that he'd took a bite out of the bread as well.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the thing was more of a church supper not just a sip of wine and a cracker as well . The wine and bread were passed at the end . I think anybody can partake ,you can only approve of yourself as the apostle Paul wrote but the 144k are men because of the part in revelation that shows they do not defile themselves with women , I think it means they make themselves eunichs while preaching . Also women are not allowed to preach according to the apostle Paul so how on earth are all those other depictions in Revelation going to apply to women? Just doesn't work for me and I did get alot of flack for my opinion from the dubbys.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Jayhawk1,

Is 8,000 the approximate number of annointed now? That's a great deal shy of 144,000. What gives? Do they have to wait until they get closer to the quota before armageddy? Will there be a huge rush of partakers in the near future? What happened in '75? Did a bunch leave Jan 01, 1976?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Also women are not allowed to preach according to the apostle Paul

lol, Exactly. And Jewish law

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit