Elder is going to visit me....

by DannyBloem 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

A few weeks ago on the convention I met this elder, and he wants to visit me to talk.

He was quite liberal. His daughter has been df-ed and she was going to meet him at the convention. She came when we were still talking. I greeded and kissed her, and we had some small conversation.
    Later this elder thanked me that I did not run away scared. He is actually a nice and good person. Always trying to make people think about so many things, when he does the wachttower study. Quite some provoking questions sometimes. I guess he will not last that long as elder.

Danny

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You're right, he's on shaky ground since he talks to the DF'd daughter. Let us know what he has to say when you talk to him. Sounds like he just might be a candidate for escape!

W.Once

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Interesting Danny,

Perhaps he is a member here. Someone who is putting on a "show", and really wants to leave?? Would be interesting to see what he had to say.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

hi WasAnElderOnce

You're right, he's on shaky ground since he talks to the DF'd daughter. Let us know what he has to say when you talk to him. Sounds like he just might be a candidate for escape!

Actually most JW's talk to their DF-ed children. Only very few that don't. The special thing is he did not care I did also.

Lady Liberty:

Perhaps he is a member here.

I'm pretty sure he isn't

Someone who is putting on a "show", and really wants to leave??

I do not think he wants to leave. He just likes free thinking. He encourages everyone do think.
    It is just a nice and good elder.
    But he believes most of the teachings, but does not care for certain things of the GB that are more organisation based.

Would be interesting to see what he had to say.

Yes me too. p.s. he does not know I am apostate....

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Danny,

When he comes to visit you, will you reveal you're an "apostate"? Let us know how the visit goes.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I'm curious too as how his visit goes. It sounds, by your comments, that these elders are far and few in between. I only knew of two or three in my 35 years of being associated/contact with JW's.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tongue?

• juni
    juni

If this elder knew you were apostate, would he still be friendly?????

That's nice that you were normal acting towards his DF daughter - made you a "good guy" in his eyes. Also he WANTS warmth shown his daughter in hopes she'll come back, so again he has reason for liking you.

Test his friendship out. Be up front. Let him know how you feel about the religion. That's the test of a true JW friend.

Juni

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

No matter how liberal he is with his daughter, be careful what you say. Very few elders will allow comments that show you have grievance with the WTS.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Serendipity:

Hi Danny,

When he comes to visit you, will you reveal you're an "apostate"? ; ; Let us know how the visit goes.

I will tell all about it here. but no, I'll not reveal everything... Nahan:

Tongue?

What do you mean? Juni:

If this elder knew you were apostate, would he still be friendly?????

That's nice that you were normal acting towards his DF daughter - made you a "good guy" in his eyes. ; Also he WANTS warmth shown his daughter in hopes she'll come back, so again he has reason for liking you.

Test his friendship out. ; Be up front. ; Let him know how you feel about the religion. ; That's the test of a true JW friend.

Juni

I do not consider him my friend. I do not have that much contact.
    If he knows I am an apostate he would probably be correct to me, but shun me I guess.
    Not directly and not completely, but still... jwfacts;

No matter how liberal he is with his daughter, be careful what you say. Very few elders will allow comments that show you have grievance with the WTS.

That is true. Although he uttered some too. It depends a bit on how you say things. You can say a lot in the form of a question for example. I'll try to be carefull... Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit