Elder is going to visit me....

by DannyBloem 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi DannyBloem,

It was a joke. You had explained how you met this elder's daughter at the convention and greeted her with a kiss, and I was wondering if tongues were involved in the action. I had this vision of two people at a convention enjoying a passionate exchange while her liberal elder Dad stood by approvingly. Quite the picture.

Sometimes I just think funny things.

I think.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Hi Nathan,

Silly me.I am sometimes so innocent

but indeed no tongue. THat would not be wise when her father and her new boyfriend and dozens of others at the convention were looking

• KW13
    KW13

sounds like a one off sorta elder, i hope it goes well.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

During 1984, my last year as an elder a couple of individuals told me of their doubts about the Watchtower and the "apostate" source of their information. At the time the Organization was becoming very opressive as the era of Watchtower Vatican II had ended. I knew that if I reported them to the BOE, which is what we were instructed to do, they would get into serious trouble. So I cautioned them not to talk about their doubts to others, especially to the other elders. My advice to them was that if they no longer felt this was God's Organization, then to leave quietly and gently fade into the background. That way they could avoid being DFd and shunned by their JW family.

Though I resigned as an elder that same year and faded, I kept their secret to this day. Unfortunately they must have talked to someone who put organization rules ahead of compassion, as both were DFd within two years of my departure.

At the time I knew a couple of elders in other congregations who were also compassionate in dealing with those who had doubts. Nevertheless, exercise caution when talking with this elder. His heart may or may not be in the right place.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Perhaps he was only testing you and the woman you kissed was a zealous sister hoping to entrap you!

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit