DID YOU TAKE PART IN SPECIAL CAMPAIGNS?

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Badboy,

I was Service Overseer in our congregation when we did the Kingdom News #? can't remember what number, the usual end of the world crap. I was single and pioneering. I took it to heart and in that month and a week we literally covered EVERY ONE OF OUR TERRITORIES. It was phenominal. I was on top of all the territories and was almost like Eisnehower directing the U.S. Army. We were everywhere. We have a huge and rural territory here in northern California.

What did we get for all our hard work? I think I was sick for two weeks afterwards!

How happy we made Brooklyn. What an idiot.

W.Once

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi badboy,

I took part in tract campaigns when I was young and found them kind of exciting. Of course, I competed with the other kids to see who could place the most tracts.

Can't recall getting involved in them as an adult. The thrill was gone.

• moshe
    moshe

We plowed our car through huge rural snow drifts to deliver an urgent tract on the imminent end of the world- winter of 74-75. The roads were empty that weekend due to a blizzard a few days before- but JW's were not to be stopped by some nasty weather- people's lives were at stake.

I just can't get worked up anymore, by any charity or organizations urgent plea for money or help.

• juni
    juni

Yep. It was "hit and run" ministry. We had a lot of territories- over 130 and they all got covered.

Juni

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I remember saying to one man, "I'd like to leave you this tract', and he said, "The only tracks you're leaving is 'down the road!"

Outaservice

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    I remember saying to one man, "I'd like to leave you this tract', and he said, "The only tracks you're leaving is 'down the road!"

LOL!

While as a zealous JW, I was delivering tracks faster than I had delivered newspapers as a child.

Now I can't even get riled up. Didn't even place one during this current campaign.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

Yes, Catholic World Youth Days in Toronto, we had a special campaign, out on the streets, met people from all over the world...pretty interesting.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I took part in one around 1998. I remember this one publisher who said, "Look how close we are to the end. We don't even have time to talk to the householder. We just put this tract in their hand and move on."

Yes, so close in fact that only 7 years has passed since that urgent message!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I took part in several of the special tract distribution campaigns in the 1970s. Same old JW stuff, just in condensed form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit