If there is no hell what is this?

by Rooster 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• free2beme
    free2beme

Much like the rest of the Bible, myth

• Ade
    Ade

Hi it would seem that no one has specifically answered the asked question, this does seem to point to a "literal" Hell ( as mentioned, why would Jesus say something to confuse his followers ?? ). Remember many the apocryphal books deal with a literal hell. the wording in the "new wonky translation" is probably different to that of decent bibles, you could try using thompsons chain bible for further references, or "Green's hebrew/english/Greek coded with strongs numbers" for a better understanding of the words used.

-Ade

• elatwra
    elatwra

I think you are right.It seems that the Bible points to a literal hell. And the story of Lazarus is suported by more scripture in Mark and Revelation.

42 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.' F40 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 46 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.' F41 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire-- 48 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.' F42 49 "For everyone will be seasoned with fire, F43 and every sacrifice will be seasoned with salt. 50 Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another." Mark 9:42-49

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where F108 the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Revelation 20:10

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. F110 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 10:13, 14

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Aw, I wish I still had my Greatest Man book...if I remember correctly it gives some goofy Freddie-Franz Modern Day Fulfillmentâ„¢ interpretation of this passage.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Jeremiah 7:31 And they have built the high places of TOPHET, which is in the valley of the sons of Hinnom, TO BURN THEIR SONS AND THEIR DAUGHTERS IN THE FIRE, WHICH I COMMANDED THEM NOT, NEITHER CAME IT INTO MY HEART.

Explain this one.

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Jesus gave an illustration, a parable. Jehovah told it very clear. It has not come into his heart to burn anyone in the fire.

Blueblades

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

As the non-JW spouse told his/her marriage mate:

"Waddayamean you don't believe in Hell....where do you think our marriage has gone to??"

Cheers

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I think that might be why Warren Buffet gave all that money to Bill Gates. He's trying to get poor so that he can go to heaven.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Jesus left out a few words when he told that parable:

"[ONCE UPON A TIME,] a certain man was rich, and ..................."

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Parakeet, the correct translation goes like this;

O nce upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a certain rich man...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit