Spiritual Meaning of Watchtower Legal Defeats

by metatron 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

Over 60 years ago, the Watchtower Society assembled a remarkable record of hard fought legal victories that had the

long term effect of carving out a protected niche for themselves. They were enabled to create many decades of

solid growth based on a good field of case law and precedents that allowed them a freedom to expand.

These developments were so dramatic that Jehovah's Holy Spirit was quietly invoked as a reason why such a

comparatively small organization could establish such 'walls' of legal protection.

But what about the present? What do we see?

We see an international organization - that is stretched painfully thin across the globe - and being gradually hemmed

in by one legal defeat after another. The protective work of decades past is being eroded as the Watchtower

Society is being forced to comply with one small legal failure after another. These defeats seem to be coming faster

as time progresses. You can start with the Jimmy Swaggart/ voluntary donation mess and move along to courts

rejection of "volunteer" status for Watchtower employees and then notice other matters like the recent rejection

of elder status as "clergy" ( !!) and emerging property tax matters in Canada.

There is no one big case that has hit them yet - but that doesn't mean one never will. For now, it should be clear

that their general position is wearing away, especially as the world is often manifesting higher ethical standards

that contradict Watchtower policy, as regards child molesters, for example.

I don't foresee them dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century ( I'd rather they weren't in this century at all!)

It is more likely that they will quietly fade away, amidst the layoffs, cash flow crunches, dwindling growth and

general malaise they currently manifest. Nevertheless, a dramatic legal defeat could change all that, suddenly.

For you lurkers, the question remains, if Jehovah was behind their victories in the past, why is he allowing their

gradual defeat at present?

metatron

• sir82
    sir82
    if Jehovah was behind their victories in the past, why is he allowing their gradual defeat at present?

Of course, any good JW would quickly respond, "It's a sifting work, a time of testing".

If any such defeats have to be acknowledged in print to the R&F, it's a sure bet that they'll pull out their old "framing mischief by decree" chestnut and bemoan the "persecution".

I can easily imagine any of the GB members lying awake in bed, wondering why Armageddon hasn't come yet to bail them out of all of this mess.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Or maybe their much vaunted 'holy spirit' has finally left them. I have a good feeling these defeats are one reason why they are proclaiming 'deliverance is at hand.' They need one badly. And Armageddon must be very close if they are getting attacked so much.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The rank & file wouldn't really have access to knowledge of the real situation regarding these court defeats, unless they read about it in the paper. They only boast about their victories, so they are doing noticeably less boasting these days. I suspect that if the r&f do get an inkling of what's really happening and ask about it, they will be told it's apostate lies, or not to believe everything they read or see in the news. If it's undeniable, the screams of "persecution" will be emanating from Brooklyn.

The sad part is, the r&f, or most of them, will take the borgs word for it and carry on regardless.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Good post! You are right, the GB lies in bed at night waiting for all the lies they spread to end. Accursed maniacs, believing they are God's chosen people, and the only ones. J.R. Brown can only circulate his jive so long.

• sspo
    sspo

They will play the same card again

Persecution, Satan after them to destroys them, that always goes well with the JW's.

• bavman
    bavman

Has anyone ever compiled a list of these defeats for all to see? I believe most active JW's believe the WT society almost never loses in court.

• Jourles
    Jourles

It could also be said that most of their "victories" in the courts have had to do with "religious freedoms." Take away the court cases where freedom of religion plays a part and your left with nothing but business matters.

For all I care, the jw's can have their wins over religious freedom. If they cannot win business matters in court, this is what will kill them over the longhaul.

If only there was a way for them to lose their 501(c)(3) classification......

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Most JWs have no idea about these cases. But that will end once these small victories culminate in a big victory. One that makes all of the mainstream media.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When WBTS wins,it`s because God is on thier side..When WBTS loses,it`s because Satan`s old system is against them..A win-win situation for the WBTS spin doctors...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit