Spiritual Meaning of Watchtower Legal Defeats

by metatron 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Quandry
    Quandry

bavman- I think you are right. How would the average witness be privy to the news that the WT is losing court cases? They certainly are not going to see the highlights in any Watchtower. They are thus not able to "Keep on the watch."

I know that until I looked at "forbidden" web sites, I would never have realized it. The blinders keep you from looking either to the left or to the right.

• Flash
    Flash

Actient Israel when it stuck close to God was protected from all sorts of troubles, but when they strayed away from Him, He would lift that protection even to a point of where "He" was sending nations to destroy them.

Also, religion in general is losing its strength and status around the world...and I do think that does bring us closer to Armageddon.

• V
    V
    religion in general is losing its strength and status around the world

I completely disagree with that statement. Islam and Fundamental Christianity are both very hot right now. While Asia and Europe are luke-warm religiously, the North and South Americas, Middle-East and over 1 billion Muslims throughout the world are very religious!

This conflicts with JW predictions that religious fervor is cooling, and many publications published 20+ years ago look rediculous in modern light.

The JW prediction is that Satan would turn the goverments on JWs after "false religion" was destroyed. A major court victory now would confuse that "foregleam" if anything.

For now JWs are happy to repeat their dusty generalisations of "Babylon the Great" and spook like squirrel monkeys in a cage.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

The most striking recent defeat would have to be the CA appeal court legal declaration that Elders are not clergy per-se, and that the act of confession to them is not privileged.

The problem is that Elders are not trained clergy; they also share the confessor's most private information not only amongst the Body of Elders in the local congos, but with everyone in Brooklyn from mail boys, researchers, legal staff right up to the GB.

In short the CA court was able to pierce the veil and show that there is no expectation of privacy amongst the JWs. Keep this in mind any lurkers who may be out there. While there is no deep spiritual meaning here it is more proof that confessing to and asking guidance from the A/C repairman, office night janitor and furniture repairman (three professions of Elders in my congo) is no longer protected by the laws of men and was NEVER confidential amongst the Dubs.

You chickies who imagined smirks from the Bros after confessing sexual indiscresions weren't imagining after all it would seem judging by this ruling.

Many thanks to the Love Norris law firm for presenting their argument in a way that permitted the court to see reason.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    Many thanks to the Love Norris law firm for presenting their argument in a way that permitted the court to see reason.

Many thanks to Bill Bowen, Barb Anderson et.al. for explaining JWism to the lawyers and bringing this issue forward to interest the lawyers.

hawk

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Almost time to feed the bear! Keep watching the news about the WTB&TS............events are unfolding S-L-O-W-L-Y.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

All I can say is I can't wait to have my day in court with them! Greedy sons of bitches!
    Shawn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit