September 2006 Kingdom Ministry! MAJOR issue!

by under_believer 27 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

The September, 2006 KM is one of the most special and significant publications the Society has released in a long, long time. Why? WHY, YOU ASK?
    Well I'll tell you.
    Exhibit A: On page 1, the OFFICIAL announcement about the Bethel layoffs. Hint: It's all blamed on "Improved Technology."
    Exhibit B: On page 1, the announcement of the October 16-November 12 "Special Campaign," the distribution of the tract Kingdom News #37, "The End of False Religion Is Near!" (we can only hope.)
    Exhibit C: Starting on page 3, and going through page 6, the list of corrections to the Revelation Climax book for the upcoming Congregation Book Study. That's right, folks, there are FOUR FULL PAGES of corrections to update the Revelation book to the current "light." These are not minor corrections. These are replacements of entire SENTENCES, PARAGRAPHS, and FOOTNOTES. No doubt the changes between the original and new material will be highly instructive, both for current and ex-JWs.
    The rest of the KM is the standard usual pablum. I will try to post scans or transcriptions of the material I just described as time allows, but don't expect it immediately. My ability to post here has recently been severely curtailed (no, not by any moderator action, by my own life) and I have to pick and choose opportunities to post.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Sounds like it's chock full of fun goodies. Good looking out.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Please tell me they are NOT going to study that Revelation Book another time!!!!!!! The suicide rate among JW's will surely sky-rocket if they have to sit through that boring fairy tale yet again!

Swalker

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

there are FOUR FULL PAGES of corrections to update the Revelation book to the current "light." These are not minor corrections. These are replacements of entire SENTENCES, PARAGRAPHS, and FOOTNOTES.

The ENTIRE BOOK needs to be corrected!!! ONLY FOUR PAGES????

Swalker

• Trippin2962
    Trippin2962

Regarding Exhibit C: with all the corrections to that book maybe it will make some Dubs wake up and realize that it can't possibly be "the Truth". I think its pretty brave and "stupid" to give 4 full pages refuting all the previous BS. Why didn't they just print a revised version? It would look a lot less suspicious. Sad, but I think the majority of Dubs will not even question it, just accept it as "New Light".

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Just how many times have they re-written the Revelation Book.

Haven't there been five or more published by the WTS already?

-Aude.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am starting to think that the build up for "new light" that has happened throughout the year has been to prepare Dubs for the Revelation book changes. This is pretty obvious proof that Holy Spirit does not direct Watchtower Doctrine, so they have to appease the brothers some how. New Light has worked in the past, I wonder how many JWs are still so gullible in this century?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

The secret why they will not publish a new book?

Easy! They anticipate mistakes new light!!! Duh! What a dee dee dee

http://deeddee.ytmnd.com/

• oldflame
    oldflame
    The End of False Religion Is Near!"

You mean they are going to admit to their false teachings ? And Quit ? That's so sad !

NOT !

• willyloman
    willyloman

I agree this is a "significant" publishing milestone for the WST. Be sure you save a copy, preferably enclosed in plastic to protect the document and preserve it for posterity. We'll have a place for it in the museum we're planning to open one day so that future generations will know what a Watchtower magazine looked like and can study the demise of what was once billed as "the world's fastest growing religion."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit