• xjwms
    xjwms

Thats funny

everything ended in "as it were"

where I used to attend.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Hi Xjwms,

Just curious, what's the point of this thread. What would you like us to write in response?

• sinis
    sinis

Comments at my meeting always started with "So we can see today...". Got old after a while.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

so just like in the days of __________

• Arthur
    Arthur

Okay, I see what the thread is about.

You know what really used to annoy me? It seemed like every other comment started with the words: "Well, the paragraph brings out . . . "

Another one was during interviews at assemblies. It seemed like everytime an interviewee started their monologue, they started it with: "Well, brother Bobblehead, because of my love for Jehovah . . . . "

• Arthur
    Arthur

Here's another vacuous gem:

"And we can see from what's happening in the news today . . . . "

• Tristram
    Tristram

Any use of the word "benefit" in any of its conjugations...beneficial, benefitting, benefit-like (okay just kidding about the last one.)

"Surely we all benefitted from this weeks Bible reading. It was truly beneficial. Are you benefitting from it?"

• Arthur
    Arthur

Oh, I just thought of another one:

Here's another trite phrase that they keep recycling in every talk about materialism:

"Yes, brothers, we often see bumper stickers that say 'he who dies with the most toys wins' ".

Here's another verbal turd they use:

"You see that worldly people have a nice big house and a motor home in the driveway, but they are never home because they are always gone working to pay for it."

Sometimes, I just wanted so badly to stand up with a bull horn and say: "Please, get some new material ! Jerry Seinfeld doesn't even recycle his one liners as much as you guys do ! "

• Warlock
    Warlock

How about this one: "..........brothers, do we not?"

Warlock

• xjwms
    xjwms

Arthur

See you catch on very quick

Warlock

I remember those kinds of expressions......do we not.....allows you to add anything you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit