Red flags

by beautifulisfree 19 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

When I was an active witness I never understood why there were 'annointed' women that would be ruling right beside God and helping rule over the whole earth. But, they were not allowed or good enough to be 'elders' and just rule over a tiny little congregation.

I know now this should have been a red flag for me...but, I just thought oh well this scripture says that men are to be the head of woman So, the society must be right.

What are some 'red flags' you ignored or different beliefs that you had from the society...but just ignored?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i asked that question as a kid.

was told that as spirits your neither male or female.

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree
    i asked that question as a kid.

was told that as spirits your neither male or female.

See, now I never heard that...but, then again I didn't dare ask questions as a kid about the society...I was to afraid that it meant that I was questioning God and I would get a BIG spanking from God through the hands of my parents

• Warlock
    Warlock
    was told that as spirits your neither male or female

But Jehovah, Jesus and the angels are all referred to as males, right?

Warlock

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

The only red flags that were going off for me were my hormones at 18 when I was dfed!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    When I was an active witness I never understood why there were 'annointed' women that would be ruling right beside God and helping rule over the whole earth. But, they were not allowed or good enough to be 'elders' and just rule over a tiny little congregation.

You silly! It's because penises fall off during the rapture.

I can't give you a serious answer to that question, because my list of red flags is too long to type.

• Mig
    Mig

I could not understand how we could have it both way. Reports of bad news meant the end was near and any news regarding peace and security meant the end was near.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    The only red flags that were going off for me were my hormones at 18

There were more than a few youngsters with the same "problem" in my old kh, Butt. All but a couple of them are da'd or df'd now, and of the ones still in, one was reproved.

Actually, the red flags for me when I first started studying were the way the jws took everything in the bible literally, including Eve being persuaded by a talking snake into eating an apple being responsible for all the problems we have today. I took a while to accept that, along with some of the OT "miracles", especially as when I asked about it I was told just believe it, it's in the bible so it must be true. Looking back, it doesn't seem much of an explanation, but I guess I wanted to believe it then, so I did.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

The thing about being a kid born in to the cong. is that nothing seems (or at least for me) out of place because that is all you know. The red flags appear when you see someone celebrating Christmas or something normal. But now looking back I can see a thousand flags. That's why this website is great because i am reminded of everything I forgot because it didn't stand out at the time to remember it.

How about the sisters wearing the scarf on their head when when reading at the book study?

Or the constant Demon references? You can't watch scary movies but you are bombarded with talk of things "floating around the house". No wonder I had so many nightmares about that!

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Close Encounters of the Third Kind. A great movie, but we as kids were told by this old sister that Jehovah is the 1st kind, Jesus is the 2nd kind and Satan is the 3rd, so you kids don't need to watch that Demonized business.

What a load of crapola.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit