Our congregation is buzzing..................

by vitty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

..................yep thats what my sister said to me today. Apparently after the DC, it was said that there may not be a convention next year and that its obvious the society knows something. She said the whole congregation are really excited and people are making plans to pioneer this year. Yeah that will assure you of getting through the big A

So this is really the plan of the society....again..........Get people all motivated,then when nothing happens for a couple of years they will turn round and say "We didnt say anthing, it was you who took it the wrong way"

It will also get those ones who have been browsing the internet all shook up and running back to the KH

• xjwms
    xjwms

Is it really so?

Satan to Eve

Is it really So?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Apparently after the DC, it was said that there may not be a convention next year and that its obvious the society knows something.

If that was true and that comes on the back of the reduction of decades of bi monthly awake issues then an outsider would think the whole thing was slowing down - cutting back - not a reason for excitement at all!

Its so annoying to hear its still the same old and how hard they all have to try to get by on the little bits of drama hand fed by the society!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Wow anyone have a direct quote from a convention cuz that is fear mongering to the max.

• sir82
    sir82

This is so bizarre...

I keep reading posts about how at such-and-such DC, "teh end is near" was loudly proclaimed. At the DC I attended, no such announcement was made or even implied.

Congregation members are snoozing along as always before. Far from buzzing.

Is there really that much difference between one DC location and another?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Vitty

No offense ,but your sister and those like her are stupid.Dont JW,s go by the maxim of "neither the day or the hour".

These braindead fools are just desperate for something to happen .Something.Anything!It wont though.

...and so the cycle of nonsense continues,,,,,

• luna2
    luna2

It would be good to get this on tape from several different DC's. Its so easy to deny later when they didn't actually print it in the mags and people's memories are so short that they are willing to be convinced that they never heard what they heard.

• avengers
    avengers
    Apparently after the DC, it was said that there may not be a convention next year

Oh there will be a convention next year with New Light.

I really hope you're right though. Not because of Armageddon, but,,

Andy

• vitty
    vitty

Thats the problem they never say anything that can be quoted, they say just enough to get there imagination going. I dont know how it was said, but shes convinced its going to be soooooooooooon

She was born in 72 and so doesnt remember the hype back then, shes even swallowed the societies excuses.........I mean so did I and I was terrified in 75.

They are so spiritually starved, they will latch on to anything, they are so desperate for the new system.

• vitty
    vitty

It was said in the manchester DC in the UK if that helps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit